Large spike in 502: API Services rejected request with error. HTTP 403 (Forbidden) DataStore errors over the past 30 minutes

Over the past 30 minutes, we’re seeing a large spike in DataStore errors. Over 15,000 in the past thirty minutes and climbing. It seems to only be the following error:

502: API Services rejected request with error. HTTP 403 (Forbidden)

8 Likes

We are investigating this issue right now, the chart is helpful. If any other developers are having the same issue, please reply to this thread.

3 Likes

Getting lots of reports of player data not being loaded in Jailbreak on our Discord server right now - seems to be the same thing.

2 Likes

I can confirm we are having the same error messages in Adventure Up! together with a few more:

Keep in mind for this, if you are relying on a truthy return to determine if to create new data for users, that’s bad programming. DataStoreService will always return an error instead of nil if something does not load correctly

The better approach is to write your data fetcher is to either kick or tag the player so that new data does not get written over the pre-existing data

1 Like

Also receiving reports of data loss which has been occurring over the past few days but only just started getting more this past hour.

We’ve made a change and the 403 errors should be decreasing now. Let us know if you continue to have issues.

2 Likes

It looks like the last 403 errors have stopped and the last one was 4 minutes ago. I’ll let you know if it happens again.

3 Likes

This is happening again. There were over 47,000 datastore fails in a short period of time with the following message:

2 Likes

That specific API seems to only serve Roblox server instances. You can’t interact with it from your own device. So this observation is not very interesting, it’s intended.

1 Like

I am having this issue within the last day. It has become prevalent in my game as of yesterday. I made no changes to code, but this issue seems to be coming in waves. At one point in time there will be no errors, but then it could quickly spike to every server having an issue (and this issue tends to bring my game to a halt.)

Edit: noticed my issue is pertaining to HTTP 503 errors.

2 Likes