"Largest Military" Roblox group with 1 million inexistent members

I know this group has been lying around for several months, but why hasn’t it been taken down?

A group with 1 million members (making it technically the largest group in member count), in which 90% of those members were either from some glitch or were banned.

What’s more is how the Member role is glitched to have a member count of ‘666’.

10 Likes

RHS Fan Club has more members.

In terms of the group’s members, it can be assumed that bots were used and we’re terminated, hence the inexistence of their members.

But yeah that’s a good question. This group should be deleted/locked.

Just another person exploiting.

3 Likes

The group looks like it was subject to a huge glitch due to possibly how deleting bots was handled back in the day

1 Like

They demoted 666 of the deleted alternate accounts into the member rank which is why it appears that way. All the other members are within the “Second” rank of the group.

Doesn’t change the fact that this group should still be deleted for exploiting and usage of bots to populate the group. Don’t know how it got by for this long.

4 Likes

this is not the largest group, off the top of my head there’s 3 other groups with more members

roblox high school fan club(2.4m), project pokemon community (just under 1.3m), and boho salon (just under 1m, this one is slightly below)

but yes, this group somehow glitched the member count, not sure how.

1 Like

Yeah, this is the largest military group.
and the only botted one, lol.

What colbert said was correct - terminated users do not show up when viewing a group’s members, or when viewing your pending friend requests. This is on purpose, not too sure why though.

1 Like

This is not related to terminated users. The users in the first rank are terminated users, they show up as empty spots in the member list but still each count as a member. Instead this utilized an old bug that allowed users to be set to the “Guest” role, effectively keeping them in the group but not actually showing them in any visible list.

You can view these members by getting the guest role ID and using a different API, here is the guest role of the largest military group: https://groups.roblox.com/v1/groups/3140851/roles/21612054/users?sortOrder=Asc&limit=100

2 Likes

This is the first time I’ve seen this. A group with 666 “members”, 30k+ “second” and about a million who must be missing in action or something.
Posting this here because I don’t know if this is a known issue.

1 Like

More like an army of bots :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

It’s been mentioned before, Froast gave a good explanation for it:

1 Like

Interesting… Is this still an exploitable bug? If so, will it be fixed? That post is replying to a thread from August.
The group should be removed, in my opinion.

1 Like

:joy: :joy: :joy:

On Topic:
Surely this is proof of botting and we can report the group?

2 Likes

The fact that they’re called Largest Military gives us a bit of a clue they’re botted lol.

2 Likes

Roblox should delete this group as they have done with others before. The previous owner was deleted and in many ways this is worse. While before nothing really happened in the group now someone else claimed the group and (after I assume a series of the group being sold) it is now being abused as a way to advertise and possibly scam by taking advantage of oblivious new players who join the first group they see on the group join page.

2 Likes

Apparently some guy claimed the group and is now using it to advertise his ice cream group. What an audience.

2 Likes