Largest Steam Locomotive

I need to hear from your opinions and feedbacks. Soon, I will be waiting for Smooth Terrain to releases, then it’s good to go. I plan to build an long adventure, maybe a half hour in a direct track. B)

It looks fine so far, shame about the lag though. If you’re going to go all out on the model, you might as well include the whole walschaerts valve gear.

Also, if you make a standard gauge line that takes half an hour to cross at a nice speed, you will get mobbed by train people. No joke. It happened to CNRailway and his Krauss Mt. NG RR.

EDIT: also J. J. Abrams

Really nice! Grabbed a sweet screenshot from it.

Wow. For those who haven’t seen this, get on that. This is amazing. Extreme framerate and physics lag, but still awesome. Don’t worry too much about that lag comment, my computers probably near top 3 worst computers or possibly the worst out of all the people on this forum. Nice work!

[quote] Really nice! Grabbed a sweet screenshot from it.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler] [/quote]

SUNRAYS???

Game ran absolutely smooth for me. I’m rather surprised at the number of people mentioning any sort of lag.

Nice locomotive, and nice sounds too. It’s fun to drive. The map is sure pretty by the way. Cool trees!

I did get lag spikes of 22 FPS from 57, all they did was make the wheels look like they are turning slower. It is amazing either way.

sick m8

I decided to ride the train the fun way and long story short I got ran over, but it was worth it because I ended up in the inside of one of the cars with no hope of escape and that allowed me to spend time reflecting on my mistakes before falling through the floor and being ejected from the train.

10/10 would ride again

[quote] sick m8

I decided to ride the train the fun way and long story short I got ran over, but it was worth it because I ended up in the inside of one of the cars with no hope of escape and that allowed me to spend time reflecting on my mistakes before falling through the floor and being ejected from the train.

10/10 would ride again [/quote]

I invited you to join me in the “cabin” but no.

Gave it a test run; someone was standing on top and caused it to derail:

@asimo3089: Thanks. Did you know? Single tree has only one part by CSG.

As a guy who works on a heritage railroad, I loved this. The tender swaying was very realistic and reminds me of my railroads steam locomotives going down the rough track at about 20 mph.

The visuals are stunning!

O deer. The tunnel’s a bit wonkey!

You promised the largest steam locomotive and you delivered. 11/10, would flatten noobs with a steam train again.

Also yeah, It ran 60fps for me too, until some newb decided to jump on the train and it derailed

Make the servers one player :frowning: (or allow teleportation to a sub-place that is single player)

• Needs cruise control, able to maintain the same speed
  • Able to show the exact speed in the GUI would be nice (and the units) it would also be nice if we could drag it into any position on the bottom, ideally it would be nice to have it in the bottom right.

• Train jitters strangely sometimes when leaving station
    (repo video, eventually it levels off)
  • Brake sound would be nice if you suddenly press the opposite key to slow down
  • Going backwards makes messages still show up

• Taking finger off Q or E the sound stops sharply when really, it should fade out

• (idea) Would be nice if there was another train which would be based off one of these (a small steam train) and the roundabout could be moved to select it.

[size=1]i play a lot of train simulators[/size]

I was able to balance the train perfectly at the end of the track :swag:

Update: Dash 9-44CW added to this game. What do you think of it? I still might working on another train, but I focus to expand tracks before Smooth Terrain arrive.

I like it, I like that you’ve got the wheels actually spinning. I wish you would have fixed Z fighting and I’m wondering if there’s a better way than using the universe system. I always find it a hassle whenever a place uses them and it’s not for match making but maybe that’s just me.

Cool stuff though. I love the atmosphere.

[quote]
wheels actually spinning. [/quote]

I’d like to point out that wheels spinning is normal, and makes sense that they would because the drive system (appears to be) a VehicleSeat with no additional interface scripts.

As for the engine itself: it seems the speedometer gain should be decreased a tiny bit: at the top speed of 95, a 9-44CW’s traction motors would be spinning so fast they would be severely damaged. If the locomotives went the same speed, but the speedometer showed that it is going slower, that would be good.

Also, some modicum of speed control would be nice. 0 and 90 aren’t speeds to try to drive at normally.