Latest Roblox Build causing NVIDIA Shadowplay/GeForce Experience to crash

Pretty much any game with third-person-shooter guns that use raycasting will cause recording/NVIDIA shadowplay to crash upon equipping said gun. I suspect it has to do with disabling/changing the mouse icon as many gun systems do this, and the mouse has been a little weird recently due to the change of making the roblox mouse same as the hardware mouse.

Here is a game where this happens consistently to all players, i tested with over 10 of them, their nvidia recording all crashed when equipping a gun. th3ltgrounds - Roblox

Reproduction steps:

1. load into game
  2. start nvidia recording by using alt+z, and pressing start recording in the dropdown of the record button
  3. wait for the round to start
  4. equip the gun in your inventory
  5. upon step 4, recording will crash or you will experience severe frame drops.

NVIDIA driver version: 512.95
Windows 10

13 Likes

We’ve filled a ticket into our internal database for this issue, and we will update you when we have further information.

Thanks for the report!

6 Likes

Having same problem. I notice that my screen will flicker white then crash the NVIDIA app.

2 Likes

Problem still occurs, is there an ETA as to when this will be fixed?

1 Like

Can agree this has happened to our game ER:LC. Players complain about it. It isn’t exactly a game-breaking issue since it affects a 3rd party program, but definitely an inconvenience. We did some testing and when the Mouse.Icon lines were commented out, we never experienced said issue.

11 Likes

For a temporary fix you can disable the capture of your cursor.

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4592/~/how-to-hide-your-mouse-cursor-in-geforce-experience-share-video-recordings

6 Likes

Thank you @poprbob for the temporary fix!

We don’t really have an ETA because this doesn’t depend on us only, since a third party program is involved. But we are in contact with someone from Nvidia and working on the issue!
Will come back when we have updates!

Thanks for your patience!

7 Likes

If the problem still persists maybe try using OBS as it is similar to Nvidia Shadowplay and in my experience, records in a much higher quality with better performance/quality options to choose from.

1 Like

Would you assume then that the issue has to do with something being done with the mouse either it being hidden from the gui or changing the mouse image? In that case then it is a fixable problem.

I’m still having this issue. It gets a bit frustrating whenever I’m trying to record a video and this happens.

This problem is still persisting and it seems to have gotten worse.

When loading into any game and equipping or driving something, it can result in flashing white lights.

When that happens my NVIDIA Shadowplay and GeForce Experience crash.

I recorded a snippet with Gyazo to show what happens, it’s epilepsy inducing.

You can’t really see the frame drops but I dropped around 40 frames, and had these white flashes.

1 Like

After building a new PC I have been encountering this issue every single time I try to use Shadowplay with Roblox. Upon doing so, the entire GeForce Experience application breaks, making it impossible to use Shadowplay or the recorder until I restart my computer. The screen stutters and flashes white once before GeForce Experience breaks.

Using a 4090 Founders Edition and an i7 13700KF

2 Likes

Yep, unfortunately this issue is still ongoing - after a bug report I sent to the mods about this they said theyre and I quote “Still waiting for a response from Nvidia” and this was 5 months ago, I have still not received a follow up.

2 Likes

But there still isn’t a real/official fix? Still?

2 Likes

After my own testing with this, it appears the problem only occurs when a script changes the mouse icon.

1 Like

This actually is interesting.
I was wondering why you have to hide your mouse clicks for a unofficial and temporary fix.
Now I’m also wondering if @ROBLOX will fix it?
Because I got to switch recorders but I have a NVIDIA graphics card meant for NVIDIA shadowplay(recorder).