Launching Roblox player appears in task manager but the client never renders

Launching Roblox player (via app, website, or any other means) will have the program appear in task manager but the client itself never renders (nothing happens). It appears to launch as a background process, however, I don’t know what exactly is causing that issue.

Specs:
11th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7-11370H @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz
16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Version: Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22635.2419

Expected behavior

Launching Roblox will start the application and launch the client as normal.
I’ve already tried a clean reinstallation of Roblox and have restarted my device multiple times.

A private message is associated with this bug report

6 Likes

This has been happening on the uwp app. What is the graphics card?

2 Likes

It’s integrated Intel Iris Xe graphics.

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

1 Like

A small update on the issue.

I’ve decided to reset my entire system. I first reset windows while keeping my files, then I tried resetting the entire system and have it start as a new machine.

After resetting my system with files saved, redownloading Roblox does not fix the issue. However, after a complete system reset removing all files and redownloading Roblox, the launching issue is resolved. However, though the app launches, it’s just a white widget.

It’s possible that the insider windows version corrupted the Roblox files, as it’s around the point where I noticed Roblox wasn’t launching properly. I did not redownload the insider version after the reset.

I’ve also found similar reported issues when going through the Microsoft help forum:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/roblox-dont-work-on-windows-11-insider-program/7ef9ea02-9bc5-41b4-97a8-f5e7bbfe1b6e

Hello, i have this problem now

AFAIK Hyperion conflicts with windows insider builds, but that doesn’t explain why it didn’t work on a clean install.

I am having this issue
the roblox process can be noticed from tasklist, however, it does not appear

1 Like

i tried fixing it for WEEKS and i still get no answer and no fix.
I reinstalled roblox over 9 times, resetted my PC a lot of times.
i even resorted to bloxstrap as well.

1 Like

same thing has been happening for me, it was working for 2 days, yesterday, but i had to open up the msi afterburner program, but when i tried it today, it never seemed to work. but it always worked before that, without having to open anything else. it could be a problem with my computer, but im too scared to do a full restart on my computer (my dad recommended this) but i have forgotten the password to my other accounts on my computer, and i dont think doing a system clean with files will work either, but im willing to try if its last resort.