Layered clothing causes a possible memory leak when unrelated parts are changed

This post is a followup to the linked post since it was requested I made my own post.

Whenever I add parts to the character and destroy them the GraphicsTextureCharacter memory spikes and does not ever go down. My game uses a lot of character auras / effects so this is severe and the lag isn’t slight either.

I made a test place that makes a character aura when you press Q to test this bug / memory leak and it can even lag a baseplate.

I encourage you to try pressing Q over and over without any layered clothing on then put layered clothing on and press Q. By mashing Q with layered clothing for like a minute I got this:

This is a severe issue and ruins my game for those who want to wear layered clothing.

2 Likes

There are two issues here:

1. Frame drops: this is a known issue that we’re actively working on. You can work around this by not adding your parts to the character Model. Instead, add your parts to a Folder outside the Model. They can still be welded to the character and they should not cause lags when done this way. Please see: Delay when creating/destroying local objects inside character while using layered clothing - #2 by Sir_Bedevere

2. Memory growth: We’re taking a look a this and will follow up when we know more.

2 Likes

Status update on #2 Memory growth: Thanks to the excellent, isolated and specific repro case, we were able to identify the issue very quickly. The fix should roll out in the next few weeks.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.