Layered Clothing: Inner Cage Customization for Development

As a Developer it’s currently difficult to utilize Layered Clothing as a Development tool due to it’s automation process.

Being a Catalog item this works out for fitting various body types as these things are more universal, however in a game with specific styles or avatars developing accurate and form fitting clothing is difficult as we do not have 100% control over the Inner Cage system.

The way it currently stands users have to pain stakingly morph and edit the default provided template to fit the shape and size of your custom avatar. This leaves a lot of room for error and makes Layered Clothing rather unreliable as a development tool.

[See Example A1]

Developers should be able to design their own Inner cages to fit their custom avatar types that way the clothing they develop can be specialized for their experience. Being able to take full advantage of Layered Clothing’s HSR system without a lot of estimation / guessing the automated system has to do is very strong, as well as letting clothing be more accurate, form fitting, and over all better looking unique to that experience.

Granting Devs the ability to develop their own inner cages will expand the use of layered clothing in development.

[Original Post from Guilded]

18 Likes

Roblox really needs to add support for body types. The cage they supply us with is not even a real avatar in the first place

5 Likes

Im currently using this method to be able to create clothing for man bundles, i already created the inner cage but how do i go about with the rig? Do i just position the bones to where the man’s motors position are in edit mode? And do i need to do other stuff in order for it to be ready for clothing? I decided to ask you because i can find a good resource on this and you seem to already figure out how to. Thanks

2 Likes