Layered Clothing Puffiness Effects Not Resetting Upon Item Removal From Character

Reproduction Steps

In the Roblox mobile app avatar editor:

1. Equip any piece of layered clothing
  2. Unequip that same piece you just equipped

In Roblox Studio:

1. Play-test the game with an avatar that has a piece of layered clothing equipped
  2. Switch the current mode to Server
  3. Open the explorer window and navigate to the layered clothing accessory in your characters hierarchy
  4. Delete the accessory (you can also do this via code)

I am using this accessory in the following videos, however I have noticed the issue on other clothing items I have tested with.

Expected Behavior

When the layered clothing accessory is unequipped/deleted, the character should revert back to how it was without any puffiness effects applied.

Actual Behavior

The puffiness effects originally from the layered clothing continue to show after the accessory is removed.

Video demonstrating equipping a multitude of different clothing accessories in the Roblox mobile avatar editor:

Video demonstrating deleting the accessory (via replicated code on the client) in Roblox Studio:

Issue Area: Mobile App
Issue Type: Other
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-10-18 00:10:00 (-07:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-10-20 00:10:00 (-07:00)

12 Likes

I’m still experiencing this issue as of 11/6/2022.

I noticed that it appears to occur only on the mode that the HumanoidDescription was applied to if the other mode has not already been viewed. For instance, if I am in the Client mode when the HumanoidDescription is applied and I switch to the Server mode, my character appears fine. Vice versa with viewing it being applied on the Server and switching to the Client.

Video demonstration of above occurance: https://gyazo.com/106a354049672bd6cc115a087d195191

However, if the other mode (mode 2, ex. Server) is viewed before you apply the description on the mode (mode 1, ex. Client), the warp effect will be there. For example, let’s say you switch from Client mode to Server mode, then switch back to client and witness the HumanoidDescription being applied, switching back to Server mode will have the warp effect.

Video demonstration of above occurance: https://gyazo.com/f0e161e2590f7fd994ac54de523bac84

It almost seems like the issue lies somewhere in the content loading, like its stuck in the middle. This might explain why it looks fine on the other un-loaded mode (if I’m understanding the content loading correctly).

1 Like

I was about to report a bug about this exact same topic and this popped up. We’re dealing with this exact same issue in Roblox Studio and in-game, really wish Roblox would fix this soon.

2 Likes

Experiencing this issue now while making a character customization system. There is somewhat of a workaround by inserting layered clothing like this into the character and deleting it, but I would guess that this would throttle performance. I really hope this issue is fixed soon.

gif

1 Like

This issue is no longer happening to me as of 2/18/2023.

I’m unaware of any update targeted specifically for this issue, but maybe it was a bug produced by another issue that was fixed? Regardless, I’m glad its working now. Are you still experiencing this issue @Evanbear1 @SheriffTaco?

1 Like

I am not anymore. I believe it was fixed for me a few days after my reply.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.