Layered Clothing warnings clogging up console

In multiple experiences I develop for, both R6 and R15, we have LayeredClothing (and character appearance) disabled as our experiences don’t use or want LayeredClothing with our custom characters and we use LoadCharacter for custom spawning logic with our custom characters, however, our console and Roblox analytics get flooded with the warning, “Some assets were removed as layered clothing is not enabled in this experience” and “Asset id will be removed as layered clothing is not enabled in this experience”.

Having this warning suppressed will enable developers to more easily debug and develop their experiences without having this warning flooding their console if they don’t use LayeredClothing with LoadCharacter and have the setting turned off. I’m sure this change wouldn’t affect any development as if you have the LayeredClothing setting in StarterPlayer.LoadCharacterLayeredClothing turned to Disabled (or the LoadCharacterAppearance setting) that you expect LayeredClothing to not load at all and shouldn’t receive a warning for it.

Picture of console on a R6 game with LoadCharacterAppearance and LoadCharacterLayeredClothing off but using LoadCharacter:

Roblox analytics picking up the warning as well: (14.4 million requests…)

There’s also this error that shows up in our analytics as well, not too sure what this is either:

To reproduce the warning simply disable LayeredClothing setting in StarterPlayer and then call LoadCharacter on any player with layered clothing equipped.

Expected behavior

The warnings (and errors) should not appear if either LoadCharacterAppearance or LoadCharacterLayeredClothing is settings in StarterPlayer are off, furthermore they shouldn’t clutter up experience’s consoles so much.

5 Likes

hi we will work on mitigating this!

7 Likes

I’m experiencing this in my games too it floods the dev console and makes it inefficient to look around the logs

hopefully you should no longer be seeing these log messages (as of today)!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.