Layered Clothing with "auto skinning" are now invisible

All of the layered clothing with “auto skinning” enabled has been invisible to players for a few days now. This causes the HSR to vanish the underlying avatar geometry as well.

Players think their purchases are “scams” and are spamming item descriptions.

Probably an important thing to fix (as it impacts a wide range of UGC catalogue items).

9 Likes

Hi, what do you mean by invisible? Invisible in their inventory or invisible in game? Could you also include links to some invisible items?

3 Likes

Invisible in the preview and on avatar customization. In game they are visible.

Here is an example 🐞 Ladybug Skin Suit 🐞 - Roblox

2 Likes

Thank you @Headpets - we are investigating, so far it seems the item work for some people, if you happen to have additional examples we can dig into, that will assist our investigation.

Hey there, the items Show up in the catalog, however in-game, avatar thumbnails & mobile/app avatar creator, they seem to be invisible. As headpets said, it only happens with items that have “autoskinning” disabled. For example, as you see in my “wearing” section, the item shows up in the list of stuff I wear, but in 2d previews/thumbnails or 3d views that allow you to see the character, it’s completely missing, same for In-experiences.

The only instance where the items are visible is the item page

The item used to look like this when worn in-game:

Here are some of my LC that doesn’t work in game

1 Like

Hi, we have reverted a change to fix this issue. Let us know if you are still experiencing this issue.

5 Likes

This is still happening, it is happened to one of my items today.

Hi, could you please be more detailed?

This item appears to work fine on your profile:

When I put on sale, myself and a handful of others I asked were unable to see the item in the catalogue to try it on.

It looked like this.

I just checked the item again and as of right now, it is still showing invisible when tried on the item preview. 🦒 Giraffe Suit 🦒 - Roblox

In game and on profile it seems to work fine. But it being invisible in preview for players to try on on the item page will severely impact players willing to purchase it.

Do you have more detailed repro steps? I’m not sure which window that is – it seems to be valid in the Try On page.
Screen Shot 2023-08-15 at 4.50.05 PM

After some testing, I’ve determined it’s the “BTRoblox” extension causing issues. It’s a very widely used extension, and everyone I know uses it. So that explains why you weren’t able to reproduce.

Sorry about that. Though at least good to be aware of a conflict happening with such a popular extension.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.