LeaderStat names not showing up on leaderboard

Repro: Roblox Island [Alpha] - Roblox

I thought this was an issue on my end, then I saw this:

Turns out a lot of people are experiencing this bug.

Basically, the name of your leaderstat doesn’t show up on the leaderboard on the game client. This only happens on the client, not studio, and it also seems to happen on my phone too.

saving

4 Likes

Shows fine on my end in one of my games (that’s online, not in Studio, the stat is named “P”):

Needs more details / link to a place where this happens / repro file.

2 Likes

Alright. I guess I’ll share my super secret testing place then. Repro has been added :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve had that same problem early last month… seemed to be working on and off (Studio)… never tested online. Also never got to figure out exactly what caused it, but it seemed to have fixed itself since.

image (no stat names)
image (weird offset)

EDIT Are you by any chance setting the Value before the name?? This seems to happen in my repro a lot more often when I do so.

1 Like

I’ve had this issue recently, just press Tab twice and it should fix it.

2 Likes

That isn’t a great solution, especially since mobile users cannot do this. It’s a bandaid fix

1 Like

If you tap on the place where the name should be twice it has the same effect.

But I do agree, something more could be done about this.

1 Like

Maybe on tablets, but unfortunately on phones you cannot open the leaderboard. This is detrimental for stats that are only displayed on the leaderboard. I’m displaying money on the leaderboard only and players have no idea how much they have.

1 Like

I can confirm. Same thing has been happening to me. You need to close and open the server list for the leaderstats to show up. This is a bug.

I have a fix for this and hopefully will be able to get it out in 2-3 weeks.

You might be able to fix this temporarily yourself before then. When testing this it seemed like it was dependant on the order the leaderstats were added so if you parent the stat objects to the leaderstats object and then parent the leaderstats object to the player I would recommend trying parenting the leaderstats object to the player before putting the stat objects in it.

5 Likes

Alright cool. Luckily I can wait a few weeks for the fix. Happy birthday too :slight_smile: