Leaderstats Manager [Plugin]

Hello! First of all, I’d like say that I’m new to making plugins. Aside from that, I’ve been working for two days to make this plugin. What it does is that it helps with creating leaderstats. I know, it’s actually simple. But for a beginner, it can be quite hard to know what does what. This plugin heavily relies on it’s “Value Types”. Those are like presets and I think it makes the whole thing easier to understand. I’ll make sure to update it regularly by adding new presets and more info about how leaderboards work to inform beginner developers.
If there are any flaws or outright scripting mistakes that you have noticed (or if it doesnt’t work lol), feel free to inform me.
If you have any suggestions, you can tell them to me if you want to.
Here’s the link for the plugin. Be sure to give it a thumbs up if you like it.

https://create.roblox.com/marketplace/asset/12249445951/Leaderstats-Manager

Images

2 Likes

I don’t think this is recommended to use at all;

1. It doesn’t even let you have saving data, which is essential in most games
  2. While a complete beginner wouldn’t know how to do this, anyone with at least a week or two of using Roblox Studio should have the knowledge on how to do this… Specially considering the hundreds of tutorials on this exact thing on YouTube, the Devforum and the internet overall.

I personally don’t see the reason why this plugin should be used unless you’re planning to make a game like Crossroads or SFOTH where data isn’t saved and you don’t really know how to make it yourself.

Just want to say I’m not trying to be rude or anything, I just don’t see why anyone would want to use this when they have so many resources that let them do this and much more.

2 Likes

Thanks for the response. I agree with you a hundred percent. This was just a pretty simple (yet not really useful) idea turned into a plugin.
I was already planning to use datastores to save the data but I didn’t end up using it because it would make the scripting a little bit more complicated overall.
I’m still planning to add a datastore option to save all the leaderboard info but I do not see that much of a future in this project so idk.

2 Likes