Leaf Mesh Texturing Help

Hello all!

I created a mesh texture tree with blender a few days ago and I am having some slight trouble with the leaves. When importing the mesh into studio, the texture for the leaves appear on only one side of the part, and not the other- so the tree appears as only half “foliaged” in comparison to the blender model, as you can see with these two screenshots:

This is the complete blender model that I am trying to import.

Here is the model imported into Roblox Studio.

The only solution I have thought for this would be to duplicate every leaf, and paste another directly 180 degrees from the position of the leaves placed. I am trying to avoid this if at all possible to try and save the number of mesh parts loaded at once. If any of you could provide a solution I would be grateful! I just hope it’s something simple I am missing.

Thank you!

2 Likes

The only way i know how is to use the solidify modifier on the leaves, it gives them thickness thus giving them an extra face to be seen from all directions, then if you apply the filter, select one of the leaves edges and press ctrl + m (or cmd + m, idk i dont use a mac) it will merge the edges leaving no flat sides… It might be time consuming but thats the only way i know how

2 Likes

Just UV map the other side over the leaf textures for the other side and it should work? Or you can try following this video:

Then after following it, bake in the details/texture as usual.

2 Likes

Tried this and it worked just fine, thank you!

2 Likes

turn on double sided mesh! that should fix ur issue