Learn Lua v2 - The Lua learning website for Roblox Developers

I am not lying in any way. I asked the bot about many things about Learn Lua so it might have remembered it someway and included it in the list when I asked it the websites to learn lua.

Thanks for the feedback, though.

PS: I tried it again and Learn Lua doesn’t seem to be in the options. AI is weird. Lol.

didn’t you read this? I said that I don’t use ChatGPT because of old information

1 Like

I agree with you, chatgpt has info prior to 2022

1 Like

Amazing but the code boxes look a bit eh (for me)
If you want to make it look better try this.

Output:
carbon(2)

(Just recently found this project again and wanted to give some feedback)

1 Like

We’re implementing this in our new website, fully coded and 999% more professional and cleaner.

Thanks!

Carbon does not allow selectable code, which is why anyone doesn’t use images for code previews.

Learn Lua was built before 2021, OpenAI ChatGPT is not trained on data after 2021.

1 Like

It does… Or I’m not understanding what selectable code is…

By selectable code I mean code where you can take your mouse drag it over some code or text, and treat it as normal text being able to copy, paste, and more.

// the following JavaScript code can be selected and copied
console.log(“hey”)

Just make it so when they click the image it copies to clipboard.
(I’ve done something like this before)

I think we’ll use MD. Like any Documentation website

there should be a bonus section where it teaches you how to use certain libraries like roact and rodux! it is an essential part to your journey in roblox gamedev

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback!

We’ll see what we can do.

Nice! This is a great website though I think the pictures of Roblox Studio could be scaled down a bit. I don’t know a whole lot of Lua (like to script a gun off the top of my head) but I know the basics and you seem to cover that well. I was looking for something advanced, but I see you don’t have that yet. Overall, I love the effort and the website works great.

Also I found this link which seems to be the same thing you guys are trying to do.
https://roblox.github.io/lua-style-guide/#general

1 Like

Hey! We’re working on a newer version. Fully coded. Thanks for the feedback though!

1 Like

No offence but I think ‘advanced’ is a bit of an over-exaggeration for this, none of this is something that I’d see a scripter use and think they are ‘advanced’, maybe intermediate, yet definently not advanced. Giving people the incorrect difficulty for subjects like this can give people the false impression that they are an advanced scripter because they can use vectors, which is untrue.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. But we’re working on a new website and everything should be sorted out better.

1 Like

sorry for the bump, but after learn-lua got shutdown a few months ago I still had an GitHub repository of some of the to-be-added articles from when I was writing them. So I open sourced them so that anyone can read them and learn from them,

(edit: the docs will be files might be inaccurate or unfinished since they weren’t meant the be released yet)

4 Likes