Leaving studio open in the background causes freeze or crash

When working in Team create or regular studio, when studio is left to up to maybe 1/2 an hour or so, reopening the window causes a freeze and sometimes it resolves itself, other times it takes too long and it must be forcefully closed/crashed and reopened to continue working.

Other developers have had similar experiences as posted on this Twitter thread:

Similarly, a post I found similar to this one describes (apparently) the same occurrence.

If studio logs need to be provided please let me know what to look for so I can find the correct studio log.

2 Likes

Have you checked out this to see if it contains details of what to include in a crash report?
https://www.google.com/search?q=roblox+studio+crash+reporting&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB824GB834&oq=roblox+studio+crash+reporting&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i160.10972j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Thanks for reporting this! Studio logs would be greatly appreciated; could you send me any log or dmp files you have when it crashes? You should be able to find them in [RobloxFolder]/logs or [RobloxFolder]/logs/archive.

2 Likes

Hello! Does this issue still occur for any of you?; or can we close the thread… Thank you!

This has occurred for me, although only sporadically - The only place I’ve seen it on consistently is [EARLY ACCESS] Area - 51: Uprising - Roblox - although the issue there may be unrelated. The one thing I have noticed with all of these practical freezes is something along with what I’ve seen here - I’ll send log files as soon as I post this for the two logs I could find of the last instance of this occurring.

Yes, this still occurs for me when I leave Studio open in the background for ~35+ minutes. It typically happens in larger place files and if it does the time it takes to resolve depends on the amount of stuff in the game (at least from my experiences). However, I have never experienced a crash from this, only freezing.