"Left Leg is not a valid member of Model "Workspace.Tjieko"

I used Roblox’s teleporting script from their official website to make a teleporter activated by a GUI. It worked fine but just not i realised it stopped working. The error message is "Left Leg is not a valid member of Model “Workspace.Tjieko”. Im really not sure why it decided to stop working after working after a while.

Here are some screenshots of the script i have now

Screenshots

This is the ModuleScript that has the issue in this line

Other script used for the teleporting system:

If you have any ideas on how to fix this please let me know, it is very much appreciated! Thank you!

• sam

Left Leg, I believe there’s a space between the words.

1 Like

Has this only happened once, or all the time?
Did you try teleporting immediately after joining and your Character wasn’t completely loaded yet?

Try it a couple times first before thinking it’s a problem.
Also have you possibly deleted or added a letter or line to the script by mistake recently. Check the spelling of your script.

That was there the whole time, its even on the official roblox scripting page. It used to work perfectly fine, i havent changed it at all.

LeftLeg doesn’t exist, Only LeftUpperLeg and LeftLowerLeg exists.

But it used to work fine? Its even on the official roblox thing. I can show a screenshot if you want.

Ive waited for like 2 minutes letting my character load in now, and its still not teleporting me. I havent touched the script anywhere so theres no typos.

It doesn’t exist, Look through your Character.
Just use LeftUpperLeg or RightUpperLeg.

3 Likes

If you look you’ll see that that section deals with the R15 character. As stated LeftLeg isn’t a proper child of an R15 character (or an R6 character either).

Show the code, and if the game is in R6 or R15.

Exactly, That’s what I’ve been saying.
I recommend turning the game Into R6 or R15 if you would like to use LeftUpperLeg, RightUpperLeg.

Are you using custom characters?

Okay so what am i supposed to do to fix this?

Either turn the game into R6 or R15.
If you use R15 will use LeftUpperLeg or RightUpperLeg, While R6 Will use LeftLeg.

Screenshot 2022-08-23 at 00.07.01

This looks like R6 right? Im pretty sure i didn’t look that square and fat a bit ago. Its probably got to do with that. Thank you guys a lot.

Although i am not sure if i can change it to R15 as this is my friends game.

Replace every line that has .LeftLeg with ["Left leg"]

That’s what I was trying to tell them…

do humanoid.Parent:FindFirstChild(“Left Leg”).Y, theres a space

R6 legs are “Left Leg” and “Right Leg” they have spaces.

Heres whats wrong

You dont specify if this is an R6 game or an R15 game, I am guessing this is an R6 game based on what you are trying to type (LeftLeg) since R6 Characters have a limb called Left Leg
the issue is that you are supposed to type “Left Leg” although you cannot do this doing

humanoid.Parent.Left Leg
since it would give you an error, so you can do it 2 ways

1 Using :FindFirstChild()
the function :FindFirstChild() works by passing a string to it with the name of the child so you can do it like this
humanoid.Parent:FindFirstChild("Left Leg")
2 Using brackets []
Similar to find first child you can also use brackets instead of a . to get to the child Left Leg
simply do
humanoid.Parent["Left Leg"]

if you are wondering why your script gave no errors before it is probably because of that if statement sometimes triggering which leads to a code with no errors, but when it leads to the part that has left leg it causes it to fail

1 Like