Legs like Evade

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    How make legs system like evade

2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!

3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    I tried using CFrame.lookAt and looking towards other games for inspiration, the main ones are Embrithas by Davidii and Evade by Hexagon Development Community (but less advanced I just want to make the legs face a different direction.)

what does legs from evade looks like

I posted a screenshot

What you need to achieve you can do it in several ways, however if you want to do it as “Evade” you need animations: forward, backward, left and right, I say this because a while ago I managed to do this system thanks to another devforum user, this user he published an open source, and I was inspired by him to make my own 4 factor motion system, here is the result:

As you can see in the video the animations are executed depending on the direction in which you walk (The animations are not mine, they are Evade’s since that is only a Testing Place and nothing more).

To find out the direction the player is walking, use:

local forwardDirection = rootPart.CFrame.LookVector
local rightDirection = rootPart.CFrame.RightVector

local moveDirection = forwardDirection * humanoid.MoveDirection.Z + rightDirection * humanoid.MoveDirection.X

Result: moveDirection.Unit

I discovered this method thanks to: @Fyrex227
Here is his post: 4 Factor Walk

I hope this will help :herb:

3 Likes