Let :LoadCharacter(position) Load the character to a specific place

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to reliably teleport the player to a specific after spawning.

Why, you may ask? Well, there are a lot of things that happen when a player spawns, initially. Things are loading, and depending on the clients network connection it can take varying amounts of time. There are ways to figure out the proper amount of time, but as far as I can tell there isn’t any way that is simple, intuitive, or efficient.

Anything I code in to teleport the player after spawning is conflicting with the functions put in place by roblox to spawn the player at the spawnlocation. On the contrary, I have never had any issue with players spawning at a spawnlocation in the traditional way.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I would no longer have to put check after check to spawn the player to the desired location. It would also speed up development, as this is a command that regardless of the previously mentioned conflicts would be a simple, efficient, and effective way to spawn players to the proper location.

14 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: LoadCharacter at a specific position

This duplicates the post in:

The title could be better there for searchability, though.

1 Like

Merged with the topic above. Thanks for letting us know!