Let us choose the Audio Output Source in Studio Settings

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to … specify which stereo device the sound is being played to in studio. The current behavior is that studio defaults to is the current stereo device selected on Windows, however, when I turn on my headphones (while in studio) and try to play a sound in studio, I will hear it playing on my PC’s speakers, not my headphones, causing me to have to rejoin to re-hook it up to the newly-turned-on headphones so I can hear it through headphones instead of speakers. By allowing a setting similar to Discord, I wouldn’t have to rejoin studio but could simply select the new device.

example of Discord’s neat feature to allow users to select any device, regardless of feature selected on Windows. works great!

issue
Join studio with speakers → Studio hooks to speakers → turn on headphones → studio still plays with speakers (unless in play-solo) → close and restart place to fix issue
resolved issue
Join studio with speakers → Studio hooks to speakers → turn on headphones → switch output device → studio hooks to headphones

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience as I could select any output device I wish and have it work seamlessly instead of relying on restarting studio to reconnect to the newly-found-device

note: apparently studio re-connects to headphones (new device) after I enter play-solo, but then returns back to speakers as soon as I exit play-solo mode.

18 Likes

we need this important, Simple feature. One way to go around this is disable the speaker in audio device manager, studio then switches to the next main device which usually should be the headphones, but this method ends up breaking my Nvidia experience for some reason
Edit: O shi Accidental bump, but we still need this

1 Like