Level Up is... Leveling Up!

Hello Developers!

If you’re not familiar with Level Up, it’s our virtual event that brings developers together to share best practices in game development.

We regularly host roundtable discussions, hold hands-on workshops, share data & presentations, and hold Q&A sessions to help level up your game design skills! :nerd_face:

Previously, our events had a limited capacity but we’re happy to announce that is no longer the case! Every Level Up event going forward will be open to all of you, including our next event:

Monetizing a Roblox Experience

Curious about currencies? Interested in the ethics of monetization?

Maybe you’re unsure about taking your game out of paid access…

Join developers MrFergie and Shawnyg (Emergency Response: Liberty County) and Erythia (Dragon Adventures, Creatures of Sonaria) as they explore these topics and more in our latest Level Up Roundtable.

Date: Wednesday, October 26, 2022

RSVP Here

A Bevy account is required to join our live events.

Agenda - All times are in Pacific Daylight Time (PDT)

• 9:45 AM: Virtual Doors Open / Welcome

• 10:00 AM: Roundtable Event Starts

• 11:30 AM: After Party (optional)*

• 12:00 PM: Event End

*This is a post-event hangout for networking! This part of the event will be held in Guilded and will not be recorded. Join the Level Up Guilded server to participate! Please note that you must be over the age of 13 to join Guilded.

If you are not able to attend - don’t fret! After each event, videos are shared on the Level Up YouTube channel so you never have to worry about missing out.

We understand that you might not be able to tune in live or view the event in its entirety. That’s why we will also be uploading bite-sized content on Youtube for you to enjoy!

Meet Our Game Insights Team!

:mage: Dspav

Hey, developers! It’s Dan, or @Dspav on Roblox. I have been working in games for 11 years and specialize in systems and economy design. Over the past couple of years I’ve given design consultations for Roblox developers on experiences like Adopt Me!, Work at a Pizza Place, World: Zero, Bad Business and Dragon Adventures.

In my down time, I enjoy cooking and playing MtG.

:lollipop: BreakfastCandy

Hi, my name is Erin, but you may know me better as @BreakfastCandy! I’ve been in the industry for about 11 years working on mostly free-to-play games at studios like Warner Bros., Zynga, and now Roblox. My main focus is on content design, UI/UX, and first-time user experience. So far, I’ve had a chance to work with the teams for Build a Boat for Treasure and Super Striker League and I’m excited to help even more studios improve their experiences!

When I’m not working, I like to play games, write, draw, and sculpt. I also have an adorable Shih Tzu named Ginger! :dog:

I really hope you join us for all of our Level Up events!

:books: dyno_smore

Hey, I’m Kael, also known as @dyno_smore on Roblox. Before joining the Game Insights team at Roblox, I worked at game studios in the US, Canada, and even Norway! I have about 10 years of experience and have contributed to games for Activision, Sony, and Animal Planet, to name a few.

:video_game: Six5Creedmore

Hi Everyone! I’m Ali also known as @Six5Creedmore on Roblox. I’m a Producer on Game Insights and super excited to meet you all. I started my career leading monetization for mobile games and then became a producer on AAA titles at studios like 2K and Ubisoft. My role as Producer will be to teach and assist with production best practices.

When I’m not working, I’m spending time with my two kiddos. I love playing games and am always open to trying new Roblox experiences.

Hope I get the chance to meet you all at one of our Level Up events!

We look forward to seeing you at all the events! If you have any questions about Level Up or the event, please ask away.

Thank you.

40 Likes

This is Amazing! Great Work.

In my opinion but virtual avatar Item should be gived for each event after full attendance, it is right in my opinion to reward the people who participates these type of events

5 Likes

Nice, looking forward to attending this event.

1 Like

Hyped!! Can’t wait to see how the program continues to evolve and provide amazing insights to devs all across the community!

1 Like

Level Ups have historically been during school time frames in the United States so I most likely won’t be able to attend this up coming event, but I do have two questions about monetization. One in regards to a certain genre, the 3D Platformer Collect-a-thon:
What are some ways to monetize a single player 3D platformer?

Although it was long ago, there was also a discussion here on the forums about it: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/monetizing-a-3d-platformer/21377

My second question is this:
How do you go about monetizing a game whilst making the game not “pay-to-win” and also not “gatekeeping” content?

From my knowledge and research, cosmetics is the answer to both my questions, but maybe someone has a more in-depth answer or something I haven’t thought about.
Edit: grammar fix because yes.

2 Likes

I oppose this. While yeah sure, it’d be nice, I feel adding virtual avatar items would ruin the original intent or feel of the Level Ups. It would bring more people in, but most would be coming for the items, not because they genuinely want to engage in the content or conversation.

Might be a good thing, might not. :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.