LGBTQ | Public Transcripts

:arrow_left: Back to Group Information Board

:rainbow: LGBTQ Public Transcripts

All of LGBTQ’s event, orientation, or public transcripts will be recorded and documented here to allow for community review.

If a transcript is missing, incorrect, or miscommunicated, please reach out to a Founder to fix the issue(s) immediately.

La Tostada’s Pride Event

La Tostada hosted a Pride Event of June 2021, and invited LGBTQ’s Founder, luhvisluhv. Of the information and context discussed within the event, a transcript is provided below:

luhvisluhv's Guest Speaking Transcript

EVENT HOST:

Please allow luhvisluhv to introduce themselves as well as their preferred pronouns for our audience!

LUHVISLUHV:

Greetings everyone! I’m luhvisluhv, particularly referred to as Michael. Pronouns that I abide by are he/him. In addition, my gender identity is cisgender, more specifically male! Enough about me, we have a lot to cover.

EVENT HOST:

Would you like to explain your group a bit as well as your position within LGBTQ?

LUHVISLUHV:

LGBTQ, similarly to other groups on the platform, were created recently, with the demands of love and urgent need to change; for the better. Creating and establishing a safe haven for people to express themselves is our most desired goal. With the introduction of our upcoming hangout, Roblox’s mechanics will hopefully allow us to make these efforts a reality. As the founder of LGBTQ, a project that I began in late 2019, in which I expected to remain in the dark. With over 12,000 members, we’re remarked as the 5th largest LGBTQ Support Group and we hope to improve our status. I appreciate every member that we get, as I know that we’re one person closer to a peaceful platform.

EVENT HOST:

From your experience personally, how has your experience been within the LGBTQ+ community?

LUHVISLUHV:

Within the LGBTQ Community, especially over the year that I’ve been the most active, I’ve come to notice the hatred of people expressing themselves not necessarily growing or decreasing. There are points where they go above and beyond to convey the way they feel, particularly homophobes, but I’ve always told myself to generally ignore their content. If you take away their fuel, they’ll have no more hate to burn. Although it might not be the most proactive move, it’s something that I believe works in the long run, as people are bound to follow their hearts and true selves.

EVENT HOST:

Despite the constant efforts of the LGBTQ+ community, there are various stigmas still present around it. Is there any you would like to address on this stage?

LUHVISLUHV:

People are constantly told that their realization, whether it be for their identity or orientation, is a phase or a scenario in their life that’ll change. It’s difficult for some to understand that realizing who you are isn’t a phase, and shouldn’t be treated as something that you can control. You aren’t able to control traits, such as the color of your eyes, the pace at which you grow, or who you are.

EVENT HOST:

For those interested, how do you suggest others proactively contribute to the LGBTQ+ community?

LUHVISLUHV:

Pride is such a serious topic in today’s world, it allows you to represent your true self, ideally without consequences from people who believe otherwise. By representing yourself, being true to who you are, and supporting others, you’re able to show your contributions to the LGBTQ Community clearly.

EVENT HOST:

Is there anything you’re looking forward to seeing the LGBTQ+ community in the future?

LUHVISLUHV:

One of our most relevant topic within our community, alongside developers include the creation of a grand Hangout, which we plan to use to host events! Alongside hosting events, our prime idea includes creating Roblox items, via growing developers, in the end goal of being able to donate to charities such as the Trevor Project and GLAAD using DevEx funding! This is just one of the many ways we plan to support reality in our endeavors of creating a more accepting world.

EVENT HOST:

Would you like to add anything else?

LUHVISLUHV:

Nearly 12 hours ago, one of the most devious events occurred 5 years ago. 49 people’s lives were taken in a club in the heart of Florida. 53 being injured, the attacker initiated an event that would be recorded as the 2nd deadliest shooting in U.S. History. Nearly all of the victims we’re apart of the LGBTQ Community, coming from a number of backgrounds. Today, we remember those victims in what’s called the Pulse Night of Remembrance. In an act of discrimination, the entire world responded with love, and condolences, such as France by lighting the Eiffel Tower up in the colors of the rainbow. We not only remember how far we’ve gone in supporting free expression, love being accepted by everyone, and the growth we made getting there, but celebrate the future and the experiences that we’ll be greeted with by fighting for what we know; that love is truly love.

:bird:Social Links

LGBTQ’s Roblox Group
LGBTQ’s Official Twitter Page
LGBTQ’s Official Information Board
LGBTQ’s Official Communications Server - Join via the following invitational code, JGY8g8dNch.

NOTE: This informative board is subject to editing and reformatting as new boards, information, and topics are created or edited. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Last Updated: April 29th, at 4:27 AM EST