"License Script"

It won’t use Third party.

(30chars)

1 Like

What I do with my system and it works well is make them buy a Game Pass. No need for storing data on websites like Trello (I’m pretty sure your not even meant to store data on there.)

And to check if they own the game pass just see if game.CreatorId owns it.
Hope this helps!
If you need help to get the UserId of a group games creator message me. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t think this could work for him. If someone can get the model then they can also change the script to a different gamepass ID that the user owns.

1 Like

Then the service wouldn’t work.

1 Like

Everything is provided in the “require” script. If he changes it then he won’t have the UI, intoduction, or anything working. Basically just a monitor screen doing nothing.

1 Like

Check Me In relied on closed source third party modules, for which support was removed for. If someone has the ModuleScript, it’s not hard to get rid of the restrictions and just make it work.

Have you been following discussions on modules, especially throughout the thread, or am I misunderstanding what point you’re trying to make?

2 Likes

If he makes it work then it means he made his own system, so that’s where we don’t mind cause everyone can make it. I actually followed lot of discussions about but it’s also misunderstanding.

1 Like

No, I seriously don’t understand what you’re trying to say here or prove. Most of these systems ran off of closed source private modules for which support is removed for, which is part of why the discussion in the main thread happened.

Please clarify what you’re intending to say.

1 Like

If the support is removed, how Check Me In didn’t shutdown or still exist without it being copied, or been copied yet. I’m trying to say that there is something that they do, which as I saw is a require script.

1 Like

They have it running off of a irl server.

2 Likes

Not if he obfuscated it. And handles it all in the module.

1 Like

The user couldn’t reproduce it as it would check for the GamePassID. The ID of the fake one will be different to the real one.

1 Like

While that may be true, if the check is done in the script, then the check can be taken out. Or, even as @CottonCandyInc was suggesting, check the ID that the script checks for so that the original ID doesn’t work but a new one does. Here was CottonCandy’s post:

This post died off without a solution for a reason: it isn’t possible unless you use a service like the one I suggested and the original poster seems arbitrarily against.

1 Like

I would personally recommend routing any http requests you make through your own service. Most of your service should be handled by your web side of things. Users will have to pass an API key to your server with any and all requests you make. Your service can automatically include their API key in requests by having them pass it through a function and then your API can store it for later use. You’d probably also want an endpoint on your website to verify the API key first so when they call the function they can get an error message.

Next you’ll want to verify their API key in your website’s storage for each request. This ensures that they can use your service. Each API key can be revoked if necessary and can contain extra permissions (e.g. payed permissions). You could even allow users to use a public “free trial” API key if you’d like which would have very limited access.

By making your code rely on the website you protect your script without the need for obfuscation. That allows users to see what your code is doing and they’ll be less suspicious of code which means people are more likely to use it.

2 Likes

Couldn’t you just make it serversided and not clientsided

1 Like

The issue is that if the check is performed server side, then the client needs to stop functioning if it fails. In other words, some of the functionality must be on a the server to leave the script non-functioning. When only a small piece of functionality is missing, developers can easily replace it. This means that a significant portion of functionality must be hosted on another server.

This is why I made RBXMod. In theory people can copy what it does for their own private service, but it is a lot of work. The value of RBXMod isn’t that it is making the impossible possible, but that it is saving developers from the work of setting up their own server with enough resources to support their games, handling communication and sockets, creating Lua instances read to and from files, saving persistent data, logins, purchases, ext. A single shared service.

So yes, someone can do this on their own server. However I don’t believe it will allow other developers to see the source of your scripts and trust them more. They must be missing a significant chunk of functionality.

1 Like