Light is appearing in sky for no reason

• What are you attempting to achieve?
    I’m trying to get rid of this light in the sky.
  • What is the issue?
    The issue is that the MoonAngularSize is set to 0, but there is a light in they sky located where the moon was before it was shrinked. Here’s what I mean:

It’s a little hard to see. If you try changing the Clocktime or GeographicLatitude, then the light will move. :point_down: :point_down: :point_down:
    Video
  • What solutions have you tried so far?
    – Changing the GeographicLatitude
    – Changing the Clocktime
    – Changing the Skybox
    – Changing the TimeOfDay
    Note: I want it to stay night time.
3 Likes

That’s strange. You should report this to @Bug-Support in the format of a bug report .

1 Like

I was having the problem earlier and I disabled the sky’s properties CelestialBodiesShown, but the moonlight is still shinning on my parts.

Then my solution was adjust the Exposure property in Lighting.

When I set the ExposureCompensation to a negative number, it gets rid of it. The problem with this solution is that it makes my game really dark.

Then set your Ambient and OutdoorAmbient colors till you like it. Also adjust the FogEnd and FogStart
This is my dark/night game still the process of making:

In each stage in my game, I use an Attachment with a SpotLight, SurfaceLight, and/or PointLight to add light effects. I also adjust FogEnd on the client side whenever they enter a certain stage.

Bedroom with FogEnd of 40, same with unusual bathroom, but with different Lights.

This hallway have SurfaceLights coming from an attachment in front of the picture frames.

I have an Atmosphere, so I don’t have FogEnd and FogStart under the Lighting properties tab.

I added an Atmosphere in my game to test and I see that adjusting the Density does the trick of fog.

Haze and glare does nothing for me because my clocktime is at midnight, or too dark out to tell.

Have you tried setting the moon’s texture to an empty string?

Yep, that’s the first thing I did when I saw the problem. Even with an empty texture for moon, it still shows the default moon texture.

I just realized that by setting Brightness in Lighting also fades the moonlight if you don’t want to use Exposure.

I tried playing around with the Density, but my moon is at the top of the sky and the “fog” wont reach it. I also don’t want to have too much fog because it will cover the stars.

I got what you’re saying. Since my game’s setting is indoors, what appears in the sky doesn’t matter, but I was able to fade the moonlight with either ExposureCompensation or Brightness.

I tested on an empty baseplate and fog doesn’t cover the stars nor did density.
With Brightness 0, it makes the moonlight go away, you can change the colors of Ambient and OutdoorAmbient. Ambient shows how you see yourself, other players, and other baseparts. OutdoorAmbient is the atmosphere. The lighter the color, the brighter it is outside as the sky remain black and dark with stars still shining and twinkling. My clocktime was at 0. If you use haze and glare in Atmosphere, since your game remains night and doesn’t use the sun, leave them at 0 so it won’t cover the stars.

I see that using ColorCorrection messed up the OutdoorAmbient, like colorcorrection took over.

I don’t know why, but in my game it covers most of the stars in my game.

ooF, I have a day and night cycle in my game :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: When it is daytime in real life, it is daytime in the game. When it is nighttime in real life, it is nighttime in the game. It doesn’t change the Clocktime every minute or second. It changes when it becomes day or night in real life.

Ambient and OutdoorAmbient also change the color of everything. Is there a way to just get rid of it without changing the look of my game? Something that is unnoticeable maybe?

For Ambient and OutdoorAmbient, I would stick with the grayscale colors. Choose black or white and slide it up and down for your desired gray color.

You can have your script change the Brightness, Haze, Glare properties when it’s night or day.

Thanks! If you change the Glare property under Atmosphere (Only if you have an atmosphere), it will get rid of that light.