Light Transport Modelling - Get a "Ray Tracing" Feeling!

Hey everyone,

I’m excited to announce that my latest project, Light Transport Modelling, is now in beta! This tool can be used for improving lightning with exciting features, including:

• Character Reflecting: Reflect your character to sunlight.
  • Part Reflecting: Reflect all parts in the workspace to sunlight.
  • Dynamic clouds: Add dynamic clouds to the sky to have a realistic feeling.
  • Dynamic depth of field: Play with the focus distance of your camera for added depth.
  • CastShadow to all parts: Add shadows to all parts of the workspace for even more realism.
  • FakePBR: Adds SurfaceAppeareance and retextures the meshes to non PBR meshes
  • ReflectEnvironment (true or false)
  • Use Reflectance (true or false)

Light Transport Modelling is perfect for anyone who wants to have some sort of a “Ray Tracing” feeling in their game if they still use Plastic parts. With this script, you can turn your game into a more beautiful sort of game.

Here’s a Showcase of it on the default Baseplate settings by changing Shadowmap to Future:
(only part reflecting, charreflecting and dynamic clouds were enabled)

This asset is completely free and available for everyone to use. It’s still in beta, so I would love to hear any feedback you may have and will release more updates.

To use this asset, simply add it to your game and start experimenting with the settings.
I would like to also mention you need to use future lighting technology, or this will not work. This also works better on older games.

If you use this asset, please give me recommendations on what I should add for updates, or show what you have done with this!

23 Likes

That’s absolutely insane.
Good job!

2 Likes

umm you stole the jail break map lol :joy:

Good job this is very very nice

4 Likes

I didn’t, I just found it on the toolbox and test this on it for a showcase since it’s quite old.

1 Like

Oh great.

I’m just amazed who all liked that but when I did one like that (with reflecting, light bounce on reflecting parts, and light color changing when touch a colored transparent part) it got a lot hated lol

2 Likes

I don’t know about that…

The difference between the two modules is that yours is just some sort of “Lighting Enhancer” which is basically just really similar to the Baseplate settings and some colorcorrection. Mine messes with the parts in workspace to work better on lights. It’s completely different!

7 Likes

Because none of the code was yours. Nor did it do anything.

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/rtx-enhancer-the-new-overpowered-graphics-by-wardenfrew/2129776/41

3 Likes

Honestly, I don´t see the difference between this and normal Future lighting,

5 Likes

Normal future doesn’t reflect lights on the shadows. It just adds shadows from the sunrays. This asset here changes that by reflecting the parts from the light and you will only see the shadows by looking through at the sunrays

Also to add up default Roblox lighting doesn’t reflect the characters at all to sunlight.

1 Like

Huh, I suppose that makes sense I´ll try this out later, Whats the effect on FPS/Connections?

It shouldn’t affect the server as the part reflections are in the client, but the character reflections are in the server. If you have any FPS issues you can just modify the settings up a bit

Update!

The parts load way faster now! Almost instantly now on the jailbreak prison and took a few miliseconds on this classic house map.

Dear Furore,

Thank you for sharing the news about your latest project, Light Transport Modelling. It is exciting to know that this tool is now in beta and available for everyone to use. Your tool sounds promising, and the features you mentioned, such as Character Reflecting, Dynamic Clouds, and Dynamic Depth of Field, make it even more appealing.

It’s great to hear that Light Transport Modelling is perfect for anyone who wants to create a more beautiful game with a “Ray Tracing” feeling. It is also commendable that this asset is available for free, and you are open to feedback from users to improve it even further.

We appreciate your recommendation on using future lighting technology to maximize the tool’s potential. It is also helpful to know that Light Transport Modelling works better on older games.

Thank you for providing a showcase of your project, which we found impressive. We are thrilled to see what other game developers will do with this asset. We will keep in mind to provide feedback or recommendations for future updates.

Once again, congratulations on the release of Light Transport Modelling, and we wish you all the best in your future projects.

Best regards,
Sangfoolery

4 Likes

Kinda hard to phrase this without sounding rude, but, isn’t this just another one of those lighting/property changers…? The code seems to just change some properties and call it a day. Speaking of those properties, the metal material & the reflectance property just reflect the sky (pretty visible in the video), not the things around you, so, this is no form of RT.

Also… what does “light transport modelling” mean?

4 Likes

Dear Sangfoolery,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful and encouraging message about my latest project, Light Transport Modelling. I’m thrilled to hear that you found the features I mentioned appealing, and I appreciate your kind words about the project’s potential to create a more beautiful game with a “Ray Tracing” feeling.

I’m also glad that you appreciated the showcase and the fact that the tool is available for free. Feedback from users is essential to improving the project, so I’m always open to hearing suggestions or recommendations to make it even better.

I’m excited to see what other game developers will create with Light Transport Modelling, and I’m happy to know that you’ll keep it in mind for future projects. Thank you again for your support and encouragement, and I hope you have a chance to try out the tool soon.

Best regards,
Furore

1 Like

Yeah, thats why I mentioned “Ray Tracing” with quotations. It doesn’t just “change properties”, It also does have some camera depth of field effects.

And yes it does modify the shadows, as you have to put your camera through the sun rays. (There barely are any this is default roblox lighting).

I decided to name it “Light Transport Modelling” because it kind of changes the way on the lights in the models of the workspace.

Do you have any suggestions on what I could possibly add?

1 Like

I totally agree with you. All this does is change a few properties but the truth is that changing those manually will give better performance and results. This uses clearly legacy features and just teaches bad habits, more harm than good ;/

1 Like

i really don’t think it “improves” or “enhances” anything at all.

6 Likes

If you don’t want to keep this as a running script you can simply go to the ReflectParts script and run that in the command bar to automatically do the job and not keep the script running