Lighting for an SCP game

Hello, I’m trying to make a game related to the SCP genre, but on my own twist, there I’m not that good at lighting. I’ve recently tried a variety of lighting options, but I don’t know which type seems to fit. My goal is to find a way to make lighting look unique, and not stuffed. Please help me, currently I’m using future lighting which I want to stay on, but how would I continue achieving better graphic and lighting.

4 Likes

Have you added color correction as that can improve your lighting also you might wanna consider getting the atmos lighting plugin unfortunately it does cost Robux

1 Like

The lighting looks good, however at some points the light appears to be too concentrated on the wall. If you’re using an attachment for setting the lights, I would suggest moving the attachment downwards or lowering the brightness and angle of the lights.

Other than physical lights, you could also try changing some effects in lighting such as bloom, color correction or depth of field. If you want to make your lighting look more unique, these effects might help.

For example, you could start with some basic lighting, I used a spotlight some lowered attachments:

Then you can add color correction in order to change the atmosphere a bit (eg. a colder and darker one such as in the photo)

Then finally add bloom and depth of field for some final effects.

2 Likes