Lighting problem - Future

Hello there !

I’m currently facing a problem on my studio : The future lighting system seems to not work correctly on my studio and/or in game. Here is what I have, using a surface light :

And this is somewhat what I do expect ;

I have no idea of how this happens, and why is Future looking like shadowmap to me.

Above are the settings I currently use on Studio. I use an old GPU using Directx10, MSI 9600 GT (500mb VRAM) before replacing it. I don’t know if it has to do with my Dx version, or if I forgot to set up something.

Thanks for helping !

first of all you have automatic graphics settings, and secondly i don’t get what you was expecting by adding single surface light. Roblox doesn’t have any visual volumetric effects. And also you’re using textures without pbr. funny to see how people just enable future and think that their game will look like something from ue5

I don’t use textures without PBR. Everything I use is a single material, proof is just right here ;

Containing an Albedo, a Normal and roughness map. I stopped using textures, which doesn’t look good to me. For the Graphic mode, I don’t know which one using with my GPU. I tried multiple settings instead of that ‘Automatic’ parameter, it doesn’t change anything.

I don’t think that it would look like UE5, and i’m pretty far from thinking that. Just that viewing topics which use the Future lighting have different results than mine.

Also, here is the image I used as a reference to what I was expecting ;

After months of work, I have finally completed this showcase using future lighting : roblox (reddit.com)

This topic on Reddit clearly says that its a roblox showcase and that he used future lighting.

Edit : After Trying Vulkan, which is one of the graphic modes used by the future lighting, it says that my GPU isn’t compatible with that. I should just change my GPU.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.