Lighting Settings For Cartoony Style

What kind of lighting settings should I focus on tuning to get this vibe in my game.

1 Like

Try messing with Brightness and ExposureCompensation. Brightness 2.5 and ExposureCompensation 0.1 would probably work well for you. Use the ShadowMap lighting technology and make the ShadowSoftness 0.05.
You may also want a ColorCorrection effect (insert into lighting) to help make the game look more orangey/yellowy to make it look more sunny. Turn the saturation & contrast up on the ColorCorrection aswell.

2 Likes

As @MegabyteOfficial said, experiment.
Here’s where to find the Roblox documentation about the items they mentioned.
Post processing effects

1 Like

The main dev of the game makes devlogs about the game. This is the first one with a time-stamp to the cell/toon shading bit:

He mentions a tutorial that he used, which can be found here:

Although it’s for Unity, you can use it as a guide. Also, this could be helpful:

Roblox recently added the Hightlights feature, which has it’s flaws, but could be what you’re after: Highlight | Roblox Creator Documentation

1 Like

You even looked the photo up to find the source, I really appreciate it and currently working on the lighting settings based on the settings provided by @MegabyteOfficial and your amazing reply, Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.