Lighting very different in game vs studio?

Please read the topic, I stated it twice:

Also:

1 Like

Your graphics in studio may be different then they are in game

I also stated that this is not the case.

1 Like

Did you disabled Post-Processing effects (SunRays, ColorCorrection, etc.) in the studio?

No, it’s not the post processing, I checked.

I could still use some help, did more research, the issue is not atmosphere.

Make sure your graphics mode is set to Automatic.

You have been publishing and not just saving the place, right? The only thing I can think of is that the place was never published with the new lighting settings, so in-game is the old version, and studio is the new.

2 Likes

Yes, lol, I have. This seems like it’s a bug. Very strange.

I tried that, it does not affect it. Other people also don’t see the correct version.

1 Like

I’m starting to think this is a bug, however I can’t make a bug report post because it’s closed down for now…

What is your studio graphics setting at compared to in-game?

Also can you give a screenshot of the effects in Lighting please

1 Like

Could you clarify a bit more? I don’t know what you mean.

Here are the effects.

In studio settings you can change the graphics level. I think Level 21 is the highest. Double check in Settings > Studio that they are both on 21.

They are both 21, thank you for clarifying.

It looks like the ColorCorrection is applying differently, as it seems to be mostly to do with saturation and contrast.

Try disabling your effects one by one in Studio until it matches what the live game is showing you, and then you can confirm if its the ColorCorrection or not.

If so, it does seem like a bug. If you are okay with sharing the place file (rbxl) I’m happy to take a look and play around to see if it does the same thing on my machine in Studio, and help narrow down if it’s a Studio bug or something else. Otherwise I’m not sure there’s much that can be done until the bug categories are open to you.

1 Like

I would be willing to send you the file, I’ll play around first and then hand it off to you via DM. Expect a message soon.

This is really weird… I just opened studio and the lighting is not the same as it was when I last checked… there is some kind of bug, and now I cannot find how I did the lighting. This is really strange.

I suspect it was a case of Studio’s Lighting not reflecting the properties that you’d entered - perhaps it failed to refresh itself properly when changing something. That led you to believe when you published it would look like that.

The effect you’ve got in the screenshots appears to be driven by your ColorCorrection’s Saturation, Brightness and Contrast, and possibly the OutdoorAmbient or Ambient properties of Lighting.

Hopefully you’ll be able to recreate similar to what you showed earlier.

1 Like

I was able to recreate it, I have just published the game, and it updated. Very strange bug. Thank you so much for helping. Still not sure why it happened, but at least it’s working now. Thank you everyone for your help!

2 Likes