Liminal space builds

hiya, I’m a massive fan of liminal stuff, and I also really like building on Roblox, I have cooked up a few liminal spaces in my time, and I wanted to share them with you all and gain some feedback!

THE COURTYARD OF WINDOWS

Ah yes, an iconic liminal space. This was a map submission for a game I played, I don’t know if it’ll get in but it was fun to build!

Screenshots

THE END

oooooh this one was SUPER fun to build, it’s one of my favourite liminal spaces of all time and I wanted to pay homage (?) to it, and it also became my most liked Twitter post lol. This is also my favourite build of all the ones on this list! :star:

Screenshots

THE BACKROOMS

This has become more of a creepypasta lore-filled mess as of recently, I personally find the concept of “levels” in the backrooms to be quite redundant. By definition (and by the internet’s collective agreement) the one I built was level 0.

Screenshots

this one is still in the works, it’ll be a full-fledged game soon! (hopefully)

I don’t know what to name this one

Not sure what this one is called, but you might have seen it somewhere. In the case that you haven’t you can always look up “Liminal Spaces” on Google and I’m sure you’ll find it

Screenshots

That’s all I have for today, I hope you enjoyed these; any feedback is welcome!! I’d love to see how I can improve :heart:

6 Likes

These all look really good, I love liminal space builds and seeing how each person perceives them.

1 Like

Looks good! I believe the contrast is a little too much though. The lights look like they’re glowing a lot and the shadows are super deep. The one that handles it best is The End. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As a person that is really interested in liminal spaces, I must say you did a really good job building while also keeping the factor that makes liminal spaces so fascinating. I especially love how „THE END“ turned out.

1 Like

the end is also my personal favourite! I put a lot more effort into that one back when I was working on it, thank you for the feedback :heart:

1 Like