Limit how many times you can change your username

I’m tired of people changing their username 10+ times and wondering who the heck the person is constantly because they change their name on such a frequent basis. Changing names is for fixing your bad username – not to namesnipe as many names as you can, not to purposely confuse people as to who you are, etc. If you choose a bad username 10 times in a row, giving you more tries at usernames is not going to help – I’m not the appropriate person to decide the limit, but there needs to be a limit.

1 Like

Hey hey, they’re the ones blowing precious ROBUX.

2 Likes

The Price should double each time you change your name.

So 1k for first name change, 2k for second, 4k for a third . . . etc. However, changing back to a name you already had should be only 1k.

2 Likes

Or just limit the frequency you can change your name. I think 1 month would be good enough.

5 Likes

I would say no because of the reason Ripull gave, it is their Robux. Takes them out of the economy to (hopefully) have people purchase stuff to get more.
Plus, some people don’t need to just fix a username as much as create a whole new one (ex: MARIOSTAR6464 to Ripull, IAmAwesome777 to Basswobble to appropriations, anon80475429, etc).

It doesn’t matter if it’s their Robux – they’re affecting the ROBLOX community in its entirety. I don’t care how much money you have – I don’t want to have to visit your profile every time you change your name to figure out who you are. Changing names should only occur once in a blue moon, and not every time you feel like sniping a new name or trolling somebody.

How about double the robux each time, like the person above said, Plus double the amount of weeks between allowed username changes

So
1k robux - 1 week wait
2k robux - 2 week wait
4k robux - 4 week wait.
etc…

One year later and you’re a 12-name-changed monstrosity the 1 month delay was supposed to prevent

@Semaphorism: sounds good

Seems like a trivial problem tbh

trivial != not a problem / unimportant

Try using “oh this is just a trivial matter” as an excuse next time a teacher won’t let you sleep in class.

The problem that arises when people constantly change their name is the very reason name changes are not free. ROBLOX’s solution to this problem does not work 100% of the time and needs to be improved.

1 Like

There doesn’t need to be a limit, if people want to change their names and waste their money let them.

@You two: Already addressed “it’s their money”. Please read the thread.

This will never happen.

If someone chooses to be unidentifiable on ROBLOX, that’s their money and their choice.

The developer forums is an environment for discussion. Saying “this will never happen” is hardly criticism for an idea, it’s just your own unexplained opinion.

I’ve already made my point.

That was something you contributed to the discussion. However, you provided no basis for why “this will never happen.”

This will never happen because:

1 Like

[quote] This will never happen because:

That’s like saying “you’ll never be able to pay for faster moderation with tickets because it would require a big overhaul”. You wouldn’t like it either if I replied to you in such a way.

Just because you provided one reason as to why you think something should or shouldn’t happen, does not make your statement a fact.

On topic: I agree that there has to be a limit on the amount of times you can change your username. On a site with milions of accounts where players can’t have duplicate names but where they can claim more usernames per account, this hurts a lot for new players.

[quote] This will never happen because:

You should never claim that something will never happen unless you have clear evidence from a ROBLOX employee or someone with that place of authority. Otherwise, who are you to judge whether something will definitively happen or not happen?