Line guide thingy

Oh boy, that time again.
So I want to make a line guide similar to FE2’s Button Locator.

(not my screenshot)

Help anyone?
That’s really all I need to say right now.

Make an Attachment inside of the object where you’d like the line to end. Then, create a Beam, connect a body Attachment inside of your Character and the Attachment inside of the object you are being guided to. Then mess with the Beam’s properties until you get it how you’d like it to look like.

Will try this and get back to you ASAP.

1 Like

Alrighty! Also, you’ll be using the Attachment0 property (the start of the line) and the Attachment1 property (the end of the line) for the Beam.

Also, instead of using a default attachment that is inside of your character, you could create an attachment that is within a certain radius of your character to look more like FE2 (unless you AREN’T going for that).

How would I make the beam far away from the character? I will probably be offline after this because its midnight and I am exhausted.

A floating Attachment (if you mean far away from the player in distance).

Okay, but how would I do that? Using scripts or does the attachment automatically follow the player when it’s far away?

Nevermind, found out it does, thanks so much!

EDIT: No, no it doesn’t, I will have to find a tutorial somewhere to do that, thanks for the help though!

I could try providing a model in a few hours? I think that might save you some time (unless you’ve already gotten it done).

I did it! I don’t NEED to have it far from the player, but thanks anyways!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.