Line Runner Template has Inconsistent Jump Pad Behavior

Issue Type: Other
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Often
Date First Experienced:
Date Last Experienced: 2021-04-11 17:04:00 (-04:00)

Reproduction Steps:
The Roblox Studio Line Runner template has inconsistent jump pads.

Expected Behavior:
I expect the jump pad to be more reliable and always boost when jumping on it.

Actual Behavior:
Jumping while on the jump pad is inconsistent and will sometimes not boost.

Workaround:

6 Likes

do you think this is the same issue as this Humanoid.Jump not working reliably (100% REPRO)? We have a fix coming shorty for this

6 Likes

It looks like Humanoid.Jump is only set in the ControlScript in the Line Runner template. The Boost script which handles the Jump Pads does not set Humanoid.Jump.

5 Likes

I’ll create a ticket and look into this further

6 Likes

I’ve had a look into this. This issue is specific to the animations you are using. They cause your character’s legs to not make contact with the jump pad and so the boost isn’t triggered. I’ll make some inquiries to see if we want to update the place to fix this problem

4 Likes

Instead of this being fixed for just the line runner template, couldn’t this be a fix for the animation pack instead? I’ve noticed similar issues in other games with buttons because of the feet being so far off the ground.

3 Likes

that’s a good idea. I’ll make some inquiries about that as well to see if fixing the animations makes more sense - thanks!

6 Likes

A fix has gone in for the Line Runner template jump pads. I don’t know if the animations will get fixed. I have made some inquiries, and I will update this thread if I get updates.

4 Likes

I’m having a similar problem with inconsitent Jumppads so I decided to open the Line Runner template but the Jump Pads don’t seem to function in that template anymore. :frowning:

1 Like