[SOLVED] Linebreaking with \n not working

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Multi-line kick message.

2. What is the issue? \n is not breaking lines in a kick message.

3. What solutions have you tried so far? Replacing " with '

This worked around a week ago, I’m not sure what’s up with it not breaking lines now.

plr:Kick('\n\n[LIMITED WORDS]\n\nYou have been kicked from the game.\n\nYou cannot join the game because your account settings restrict you from chatting.\n\nIf you suspect this kick is incorrect, please contact the developer.\n')
1 Like

Hello, I had this exact issue a little while ago. Currently it’s disabled because of some exploit.
Not sure if it’s coming back
(Roblox staff reply : Newline Character doesn't work on kick messages - #12 by Tiffblocks)

Have you validated this isn’t a change on Roblox’s end to trim out whitespace from the ends of a kick message

Ah… how nice. I do wish there was an announcement that they disabled it, as I’m fairly sure most Administration Systems and Anti-Exploits use linebreaking in kick messages to make it readable.

1 Like

Yes… Lol.
I was making an anti exploit with a message of how to appeal and it took me 30 minutes to find roblox disabled this

pretty roblox behavior to not announce a major change in how text formatting works.

1 Like

I think it works now, I just tried it.

It still does not work for me, unsure.