Link based affiliate commission for marketplace products

Context: I’m a developer & content creator, over the past 3 years I’ve created hundreds of videos about UGC/other marketplace products created by other creators including layered clothing/bundles/dynamic heads.

My videos about these products have accumulated over 120 million views on platforms such as Tiktok & Youtube, and I can only assume I’ve driven thousands beyond thousands of sales to the items I’ve showcased

Roblox currently offers a 40% affiliate commission to developers for selling marketplace assets in their experiences; however due to this requirement of in-experience sales I’ve not received a single commission for the thousands sales I’ve driven

Feature request

I’m asking for a shareable, link based affiliate fee where when a user buys an item directly driven by my unique link to said product, I would receive the already standard affiliate commission that Roblox currently offers to developers.

These links are already commonplace on other online marketplaces and comply with advertising restrictions content creators have to follow. (even if the links are restricted to the Video Star Program – that’s a start!)

P.S before someone asks why I don’t just link a game instead of the product – this significantly increases purchase friction and reduces conversion rate by a large… large margin, it is simply best for myself & the creator for this purchase flow to be as short & easy as possible

9 Likes

This is a fantastic idea, I think this would immensely improve the affiliate fee issue.

2 Likes