LinkBlox - Chrome Extension For Opening Ids As Links!

About

Ever seen this before and thought, “ugh, why isn’t it linked?!”

Fear no longer! Linkblox is a chrome extension that lets you open these ids as links! Just select the id, right-click, and move down to the LinkBlox selection menu!

Installation

1. Download the .ZIP file
    LinkBlox.zip (5.5 KB)
  2. Extract the .ZIP file and remember where you saved it
  3. Navigate to chrome://extensions
  4. Enable Developer mode via the toggle in the top-right
  5. Click “Load Unpacked”
  6. Select the folder you extracted from the .ZIP file.

And with that, you’re done with the installation!

Updates

This column is only if you’d like to update the extension from time to time.

As this is a local extension and is not published on the Chrome Web Store, you’ll have to manually update the extension when I come out with a new version. Simply follow these steps to update:

1. Remove your current version of LinkBlox at chrome://extensions
  2. Download the new .ZIP file I post on this topic and extract it to a location. Remember where you saved it.
  3. Click “Load Unpacked” at chrome://extensions
  4. Select the folder you extracted from the new .ZIP file.

Conclusion

Thanks for reading and (hopefully) using LinkBlox! Have a great day & stay safe!

2 Likes

As much as we can appreciate the work you put into this, can we also appreciate how unrealistic this scenario is?

No one only gives IDs to their stuff unless they’re accompanied by the link too. Personally, I also wouldn’t trust an extension that isn’t on the Google Web store. Why not upload it there first?

2 Likes

There is a fee for activating a Chrome Developer account.

Plus, if someone is to release something on the Devforum, it better be safe or they risk account termination.

I still would not trust it no matter where it came from. Roblox staff don’t review any materials here unless flagged. Many DevForum bans don’t connect to Roblox (and information about DevForum bans aren’t public unless disclosed by the banned user) so there’s technically no risk to anything. It’s also good internet etiquette to not download files off the Internet that you think are fishy.

1 Like

Agreed, along with any suspicious websites.

I guess you can download the .ZIP and import it into a code editor to manually review the script contents if you are not comfortable with it. The .ZIP contains three PNGs, one JSON file, and one JavaScript file.

Alternatively, you could just upload the source to GitHub for curious people to take a look at. Solves a problem for both ends.

2 Likes

I’ve had a look at the source code and I can confirm that it is not malicious.

This is the source
function processClick(info) {
	var potentialId = info.selectionText;
	if (!(Number(potentialId))) { console.log(`"${potentialId}" is not a valid id!`); return; }

switch (info.menuItemId) {
		case 'linkblox-library':
			chrome.tabs.create({ url: "https://www.roblox.com/library/" + potentialId })
			break;
		case 'linkblox-profile':
			chrome.tabs.create({ url: "https://www.roblox.com/users/" + potentialId + "/profile"})
			break;
		case 'linkblox-group':
			chrome.tabs.create({ url: "https://www.roblox.com/groups/" + potentialId })
			break;
	}
}

chrome.contextMenus.create({
	"id": 'linkblox-library',
	"title": "Open in Roblox Library",
	"contexts": ["selection"],
	"visible": true
});

"id": 'linkblox-profile',
	"title": "Open Roblox Profile",
});

"id": 'linkblox-group',
	"title": "Open Roblox Group",
});

chrome.contextMenus.onClicked.addListener(processClick)
2 Likes

I have a Chrome Developer account, message me and we can talk about putting it up.