LinkedSource scripts rolling back randomly

Hi, I started using Linked Script for convenience but then occasionally some scripts suddenly gets rolled back. I made sure I published my game and my scripts but it’s the second time that this happens which is pretty frustrating.

Should I continue using Linked Script or is there a better method for syncing up all the scripts in different places in the same universe?

1 Like

Does linked scripts auto publish? If so, I had 2 Roblox Studios opened to the same universe and the outdated one might have auto published causing the roll-back.

1 Like

You’re likely right with why it seemingly rolled back.

A lot of people experienced a similar issue a while ago. I’m upset to see it’s still iffy. :frowning:

1 Like

I would never recommend having any part of your game saved online without any local copies. I find LinkedSources unreasonably risky.

You could try uploading modules and requiring them by ID, but get a second opinion first.

1 Like

I only ever have this problem with team create.

I’m concluding that if multiple Roblox Studio is developing on the same universe, the chances of accidentally publishing a place with outdated scripts overrides any updates made onto the most up-to-date linked scripts.

2 Likes