Live-Game Explorer[V3.3]

See bottom of post for new updates and fixes

Latest Update: V3.3(May 20th 24)

_

Hey everyone, I spent a couple days making this free tool. It’s a live-game explorer/properties window for authorized players that allows you to read and update properties and attributes of instances in game, even outside studio. This is useful for debugging and tuning values in your game at runtime

Supports:

• real time output/dev console for reading the output of any client or the server , and writing code

• real time updating of properties under the selected instance

• writing properties

• attributes support

• copying properties/attribute changes back into studio

* Click the export button in the properties window to export all properties, then import them with the attached plugin under the file

• server view mode and server edits (writing properties under server view will write them on the server)

• BigBois(opening a 35,000 instance folder only causes about ~0.5 seconds of lag)

Planned Features:

• Window Resizing/Repositioning via mouse drag

• Tags

• Any other general fixes/polish/QOL?

This is the first release and there are expected to be bugs or other issues

How to get

Install the rbxm directly here or download it from the marketplace

Be sure to read the attached ReadMe under the script for setup instructions, they’re fairly straight forward though

Special thanks to @Maximum_ADHD for his API dump and @sircfenner for his icon spritesheet
Special thanks to @AntiBoomz0r for various optimizations

Updates

Feb 25 2024[v2.0]

• Added Double Click to expand support

• Fixed issue with the plugin

March 6th, 2024

• added the ability to read/write to anyones client explorer, not just your own
  • View real-time console output for the server or anyone’s client
  • Write code to the server or anyone’s client with a command bar in the output console

March 6th, 2024[V3.1]

• Fixed bug shortly after latest release causing this to not work

April 2nd, 2024[V3.2]

• Fixed autolocalize issue with console

May 20th, 2024[V3.3]

• Fixed potential security concern when a player is being observed by an admin(thanks to @Coasterteam for bringing this to my attention and writing a quick fix while I’m away)
303 Likes

(post deleted by author)

7 Likes

Then don’t give it to people who aren’t developers

60 Likes

Ayo I like the icon sprite
How many years did it take to make?
Also can I steal it lol

5 Likes

When collapsing an object that has other children expanded

e.g: collapsing Stages would result in that error

4 Likes

Roblox made them, so it should be cool to use.

4 Likes

I am pretty sure these are just the new default Roblox icons.
I was asking because he made the spritesheet and I am too lazy at the moment because it will be time consuming. And the one in files needs to be cut into pieces.

3 Likes

yea mb, I’m used to seeing elttob’s icon pack and forgot Roblox made new ones. Had to squint to see the icons in the image.

3 Likes

I think this was a server-view bug, I hopefully just fixed it, I updated the rbxm and roblox model

4 Likes

Yep seems to be fixed,

Small ux thing, it’d be nice if the permissions function had a player type.

return function(player: Player)
	return false
end
6 Likes

This is a great resource!

Would it be possible to consider having a way to search for instances (by name) and select parts to view in the world to change their properties quickly? (Like a toggle setting or something that turns your clicks into “selecting” parts)

Noticed a bug however, crashes your client. Having an instance children opened and having any part of that model change (or get deleted) seems to crash your client completely. Trying to find out exactly what is causing it but morphing my character with it open in the view crashes roblox completely for me.

This is happening in a very large game with a very large workspace, haven’t tested it with a smaller one.

Cheers!

5 Likes

So it’s another Dex Explorer, but for developers ingame? Sick

9 Likes

This should really be a Roblox Feature.

Anyways, nice work! This will help a lot of devs (including me).

5 Likes

Are we able to edit script(And the edit saves)? Can we create new Instances?

1 Like

Lets go developer dex :fire:

6 Likes

Scripts cannot be edited at runtime. Maybe Modules will have different results whem required again in Studio, but for Client they are compiled.

1 Like

I might consider adding that

Also, that bug was hopefully fixed. Updated the models. Try again?

1 Like

Yes, also exploit-explorers don’t have server-view

7 Likes

Updated the models with the next version which include some further optimizations and bug fixes

1 Like

I can confirm it is no longer occurring! Great stuff.