Live-Game Explorer[V3.3]

Just tried it and it looks nice!

However, I found a bug. When you edit a property that cannot be edited (e.g: StreamingEnabled), it still changes the value on the explorer, but if you reselect the instance after selecting other objects, it will revert back to pervious state.

1 Like

this is very useful, the server & client view feature is crazy thank you

Thank you so much for this resource, it will be so useful when working on my games, good work!

2 Likes

That’s not really a bug , it’s reverting back to the previous state because Roblox doesn’t actually let you write to that instance

I couldn’t find a good way to detect if your client could write to something that didn’t have ReadOnly tags in the class info. Pcalling and writing to the same value causes issues , and Pcalling and writing to a temporary cloned instance also caused issues

3 Likes

This is incredible! Would love it setup as a wally package :pray:

Is there anyway to have it open a separate way from a keybind? Wanting to implement into my admin commands and open on something typed in chat

2 Likes

I left it pretty open for individual tweaking , if you look at where I bind to contextactionservice in the explorer module (I think) you should be able to see how it can be done

1 Like

I wonder how much tweaking I would need to add FireServer and such so I can do pentesting

1 Like

what do you mean exactly? What are you wanting to do

basically I would add this to my game and then I could test what would happen if I call ceartain remotes (including with invalid/unexpected data) that and also trying to call other remotes to see if I am properly following “dont trust the client”

2 Likes

damn i kinda wanna integrate it into adonis as custom command already, this seems pretty cool to me and has server scope available compared to dex

3 Likes

This is awesome!

One quick thing I have found, if your character dies it removes the UI. Then you can no longer press F2 to bring it out.
I am assuming this may have to do with ResetOnSpawn being enabled?

Otherwise, awesome thank you!

2 Likes

Yeah, ResetOnSpawn is enabled.

After some experimenting I found some weird (but probably intentional) stuff such as being unable to edit text in TextLabels or some properties just having TextEditable being false while they’re supposed to be true (not grayed out).

Other than that, very cool work on it. :ok_hand:

1 Like

It’s not hard to make a gui with a textinput and a custom loadstring on the client to execute code, you can even use Studio’s built-in command bar.

So far this is a cool resource, and the permissions by default don’t allow anyone but you can add yourself (game owner), a group role or maybe even private server owner if you are into that sort of thing

1 Like

this is amazing. it’s gonna save me so much time … i just spent an entire weekend starting and stopping roblox while balancing vehicle speeds, weights, and turning … with this i could just press play, change numbers in real-time and do it all in one shot

3 Likes

Please add a way to import this using dev console.

2 Likes

Ah woops forgot to disable that dumb UI reset property lol

As for the text editing , if you’re talking about editing the text of string properties , it should allow you to as long as that instance is writeable and not tagged as ReadOnly by Roblox

1 Like

Very awesome of you to share this with the community. IDK if i’ll use it but it looks useful.

What your best use case for it? Something odd happening in live servers and you want to see what exists or not?

2 Likes

I have absolutely no idea how to add my name into the permissions.

2 Likes

just

return player.UserId == 378685924

or

return player.Name == "Beloathed"
3 Likes

i am pretty sure TextLabel.Text is not a ReadOnly property.

1 Like