LoadLibrary is going to be removed on February 3rd

Would it be possible in the future to have emails sent out to dev forum members (similarly to RDC invite emails of sorts) notifying them of potential changes like this one which could cause games to break?

Personally I don’t browse this forum very much anymore, and posts like this one can pass me by especially with how active this place is nowadays, and I’m sure I’m not the only one who might have this problem.

6 Likes

You can set the Announcements category to “Watching First Post” to be notified whenever staff make a new announcement:

You can then manage your email settings to make sure you get an email when you get notified for anything: DevForum | Roblox

5 Likes

Not really sure I’m the person you want to ask about that. I have no idea what would be causing it.

Bye bye LoadLibrary, I never used you so I will not miss you.

About the gears though, I never really cared about them. As much as they are part of nostalgic Roblox culture, they gotta go. They were only really used as cosmetics anyway.

4 Likes

Broke one of my plugins I use frequently, but I am in the process of remaking it using dock widgets, Roact and Rodux anyway. It imitated the Studio UI by placing a panel to the left of the game window.

I never really saw much use of these as they just added overhead for simple operations and the community had much better alternatives anyways.

2 Likes

What roblox tool used loadlibrary?

Some older tools made by the community. All official gear was already updated a long time ago, so that won’t be an issue.

Welp, even though i never used LoadLibrary, I’ll sorta miss it. I am feeling the affects though, a few of my old places are very broken now.

2 Likes

It looks like Kohl’s Admin House was affected by this, once LoadLibrary was removed the game stopped working. Not certain though.

7 Likes

I Noticed Some Gears Has Been Nerfed By That Update
Sad ;-;

2 Likes

You do not need to “miss it”. They left an open source module you can use in place of LoadLibrary.

Honestly you are probably better off just not using LoadLibrary in the first place. It is getting removed for a reason!!

9 Likes

I’m not sure if you missed this one.
Most of the skateboard gear still use this module and still have LoadLibrary.
Since Red Rolling Hoverboard not working because of module for LoadLibrary.

Sorry for the bump of old topic.

4 Likes

Since LoadLibrary is removed (I get nil when I print it out), shouldn’t the script editor stop recommending it and highlighting it?

10 Likes

It should! But doesn’t. This will be fixed.

8 Likes

The Mad Murderer Knife seems to not been migrated. :confused:

4 Likes

If you don’t want to waste time replacing stuff, just shove the code of the library into the script. It’ll work the same, just that it’ll be called module.Create or whatever. It works a little bit more differently than requiring.

Roblox’s Multi Purpose Module that is used to control a lot of gears, still uses LoadLibrary in many of the scripts.

Hey, I think it’s very possible. After changes to sound script, if you insert the old script, in ServerScriptService a script called “SoundDispatcher” appears out of seemingly nowhere.

Sound script to prove it yourself: Sound.rbxm (7.0 KB), insert into StarterCharacterScripts, playtest and be satisfied by the result.
Maybe something similar could be done to LoadLibrary module?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.