Lobby for my project!

Hey, developers!

Here is the lobby for Project Roblox Racers! The free models are just markers for where my own models will be!

Feel free to give some advice below!

Project Roblox Racers: Lobby on Roblox https://www.roblox.com/games/2896392355/view?rbxp=962124800

This will help me get ideas!

Happy developing!

5 Likes

Hey @Joshuaborn_2007 while I entered your place, the entire place did not feel like a lobby at all which I was very sad while testing. Furthermore, I had looked all around the map and also found free models which is not always a bad element to have in games because it supports many developers, It was very disappointing to find only free models and no work directly made by you.

I personally believe you should try making your own style and go away from free models for a bit as they can be great to support games but solely free models wont have a unique selling point for me wanting to try your game. Last but not least important you should try toil with colours and textures that way it can help you build an aesthetic in your game. Anyway, I’m sorry if this is all negatives but I believe by providing this advice it can push you to become a great developer!

Kind regards,
Dravespear.

16 Likes

Here are my opinions from visiting it. It doesn’t look like a lobby, like @Dravespear said. And it was free models like @Dravespear also said.

Although saying that the free models exist in the place is something that I feel, other developers don’t want to tell to save their reputition, but only damages it even more is very strong and shows that you are an honest developer.

Anyway, instead of saying everything and more of what @Dravespear already said, I will leave it here and wish you good luck with the project!

Happy developing! :wink:

2 Likes

I think lots of stuff like making it seem more like a lobby and cutting down on the free models has already been said, and hopefully taken on board by you.

My main area of concern is this, and I am surprised no one brought it up earlier:

This is something that genuinely hurts my eyes just looking at, and I think if I looked at it for any longer I would have a headache.

Perhaps you could either switch the material of it, or make the neon less bright. Good luck with your game, and I hope to see it in the future in a more finished state and with more of your own work.

3 Likes

There is not really much to see , if as you said free models are just markers then the whole map is just concept art.
I suggest making something first and then posting it here

2 Likes

I would suggest you to make your models, first so we give you feedback or opinions. On what your lobby needs, but I know your using them for know but if you need need any.
Suggestions we are glad to help you with that…!

Good luck on your project hope it comes out good! :wink:

The Cars look good, the Dealer ship loks good, the other buildings look really plain if you could add more detail to those it would be cool, the sides of the houses have nothing on them and the sizing on everything is off, the platform your start on (The Cobblestone) it is raised above the ground, try click and dragging it on the grass and it should put it up against the grass and not floating. Other than that keep up the good work!

Like @Dravespear said, it does not look like a lobby at all. I’m not here to criticize but improvements CAN be made to it.

What are the issues I've found?
  1. The neon is VERY blinding

Did you use the bloom effect? If you did, you can tone down the intensity. In the Lighting tab, there is a brightness setting where you can adjust the brightness. Overly bright assets can lead to eye problems, so, tone down the brightness a little.

1. Collision in the red houses?

I was able to walk through the main red wall of the house? You should probably turn CanCollide to true

I suggest that you create assets first then you show it to us so we can give you proper feedback :smile:. Other than that, there isn’t a lot to see either.

My suggestions on what you can add to make your lobby more appealing

• You can probably add a board for gamepasses

• Developer products board?

• A global leaderboard for whatever stats there are

• More decorations for the players(whether old or new)

• Try not to use free models even if you have finished your assets and added them into the lobby.

This is all I can think of. The decision still relies on you :smiley:. Happy developing!

Well, I am a very honest person.

1 Like

Thank you @KawaiiX_Jimin! These suggestions will push my game further!

1 Like

Thank you! I will make sure to tweak the game ASAP! I am busy with school though,

2 Likes

Alright man, make sure you hit that “Solved” button if you think that’s all you need.

I was thinking that some models were free. Guess I was wrong. Lets begin my review right from the start, please re-design that GUI because it just looks like it was made lazily (I understand that it’s temporary and that’s not what you are working on the most but still please have another look at it). I tried out some of the free model cars and the Smart car doesn’t even steer left or right (at least for me), the dealership was very dark so I could only see some parts of a car and the humanoid names… Also, that neon building is way too bright.

Good luck,

-Cinema_Sin

1 Like

Thank you! It is in public testing on July 23rd 2019.

Hey, Joshua how’s your day? :smile: :wave:

The lobby itself is awesome but there are definitely ways to improve.

• The lobby itself is fun to race in, but doesn’t feel like a lobby. Try adding buildings and other assets.
  • Although it’s fun to race in the lobby, us users can race in the buildings. To fix this, make sure the CanCollide property is checked.

• The Italian dealership is dark, and spooky. :ghost:

• There seems to be a constant appearance of free models, but this will luckily be replaced soon.

• A wall that is brighter than the sun! :dizzy:

Other than that, it’s entertaining to race in your lobby.

5 Likes

All problems will be fixed by next week or later. Sorry to keep you waiting!

1 Like

I love the effort, and humor to put into this post!

3 Likes

Also, I don’t know why you need to credit Roblox for the physics engine. Your the only person I’ve seen do that.

1 Like