Local Server doesn't use correct version of all modules

I was trying to test my game in a local server, but the server and client keeps erroring- with lines of code that are from previous versions of the same module(All physical objects in the explorer are updated, including all normal scripts) They absolutely refuse to update to the current version. Testing in studio works 100% fine, as well as team-test works fine and both are using the current version of all the scripts and modules.
This ONLY happens in this specific place, no other place I have under the same experience.
Place id: 5768876633

I have tried to resolve this by:

• Clean re-install of Roblox Studio
  • Turned off live scripting/collaborative scripting, and made sure all versions were correct.
  • Made sure all changes have been applied.
  • Published & saved the place
  • Checked the entire game IF there was a possibility the modules/lines of code were in the game still, they are in fact non existent. As in the lines of code that are erroring in the local server doesn’t exist in the studio version.
  • Downloaded a copy of the game, re-publish it to the same place.
  • Turn off and on my pc, even update my pc
  • Updated roblox studio

It started happening two days ago (17th of November not sure what time) where I figured turning pc off and on would help but it was still like it the next day- the issue has been sort of solved by publishing the entire place onto a new place under the same experience. But that shouldn’t be the solution.

For visuals:
What the updated most recent version of a module looks like
I click local server, and then I get this error:

I then proceed to open the same exact module in the local server client, and I find the previous version of the module.

I have messed around and deleted, re-inserted and all of that, and the modules do get deleted if I delete them. But they never update no matter what I do.

I am not able to attach a file for you guys to recreate it, because a downloaded file doesn’t have the same bug and everything works as it should. ONLY the place does.
I can grant permission to the place if needed: join here Shyfoox Studios - Roblox and let me know.

I have been in contact with a few developers that I think probably would know what is going on but they are as confused as me to why this is happening, very unusual.

Beta features enabled:

• UGC Bodies & Heads
  • Upgrade shorelines

System information:

• Windows 11
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core
  • RAM: 64GB 2400mhz DDR4
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24gb

Expected behavior

I expect the local server to be updated to what I see in studio. I mean- it is physically with models, names, and all that but not in the modules.

2 Likes

Does it happen in Play Solo too?

1 Like

Try duplicating the script and delete the old one, i also had this bug and it fixed it

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

Hello, thank you for the bug report.

1. Did you previously have collaborative editing enabled?
  2. If you re-enable it temporarily, is there a Draft of the impacted script? If so, then discarding that draft may fix the bug.

No it does not, normal testing and team test works completely fine

I have tried to do this, and it doesn’t help. All scripts stay updated, all modules don’t.

1 Like