Local variable declarations, numbers, functions, conditionals, and strings in code become un-monospaced in Roblox Dark

When you create a block of code in the DevForum, locals, strings, functions, and numbers become un-monospaced, breaking code formatting when using Roblox Dark. It’s happened ever since I started using Roblox Dark.

Here’s a bunch of examples:

loca l vs local
function f()
    this is monospaced
    print(test) -- unmonospaced, and so is this comment
end
monospaced or and if then repeat  unmonospaced
monospaced? not! 1234567890 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0
"no monospace :("
type("not monospace")

Whenever anything in a block of code becomes bold, it turns into un-monospaced Gotham. If you didn’t see what it looks like because you’re on a different theme, here’s a screenshot:
To reproduce, as I said, create a block of code and type anything above.

3 Likes

This has been happening for a few months now, ever since they added custom highlighting. It used to highlight differently, but now that they added more specific Luau highlighting (from what I can observe) the font and monospacing breaks.

Roblox Dark has been kinda jank ever since it was added, and in all honesty I don’t see many positive differences between it and the default Dark theme.
I’d honestly suggest just moving back to default Dark.

Thanks for pointing this out! The team will investigate why keywords are not being monospaced.

1 Like

@AlphaEpsilon290 Would you mind checking if you’re still seeing this issue? Should monospace correctly now in Roblox Dark!

2 Likes

I’m seeing things fine! Thanks!

This is on Roblox Dark.

1 Like