Localization portal rejecting description translation

Reproduction Steps

1. Go to an experience’s localization page (e.g. https://create.roblox.com/creations/experiences/169302362/localization)

2. Translate and select “Description” under game Information.

3. Paste the specific text into the translation field. (It is a Turkish translation, but the selected language in the portal does not matter.)

Not: Project Lazarus hâlâ Alpha aşamasındadır.

Bu kooperatif nişancı oyununda sınırsız zombi sürülerinde hayatta kalın. Project Lazarus: Zombiler'de barikatları onararak yada zombileri öldürerek puan kazanabilirsiniz. Zombiler sizi ezmeden önce daha iyi silahlar ve yeni bölgeler açın.

Project Lazarus: Zombiler, Call of Duty Zombiler'den esinlenmiş eski oyunumun devamı niteliğindedir.
Kontroller:
Kullan -[F]
Nişan Al - [Q] / [Sağ Fare Tuşu]
Şarjör Doldur - [R]
Bıçak - [V] 
Silah Değiştir - [1], [2], [3], [Fare Tekerleği]
Koşu (Basılı Tut) - [Sol Shift]

Beğeni bırakmayı unutmayın!
Oyunu güncellediğimde haberdar olmak istiyorsanız oyunu Takip edip Favorilere ekleyebilirsiniz.

1. Press the “Save” button to save the translation.

2. Receive error message.

Browser Information

• User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/98.0.4758.109 Safari/537.36
  • Platform Type: Mac
  • Device Type: Computer

Expected Behavior

Expected the translation to be successfully uploaded and saved, like my Turkish string translations and my other localized descriptions in other languages.

Actual Behavior

An error message stating failure to save translation appears, without much elaboration. Trying again later does not produce different results.
Error

I hypothesize that it is potentially tripping some kind of moderation filter (though the error message is rather vague). However, I don’t believe the given translation contains anything that’s bad, especially when I ran it through other users who speak Turkish or when I Google Translate it to English.

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: https://create.roblox.com/creations/experiences/169302362/localization/translation?activeTab=info&activeLocaleCode=tr_tr
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly

3 Likes

Alright, there is a forum post only for Regular+ told by @ItsKoiske where you can basically have a team of Translation check translation so the filter lets you pass. Not saying this is the solution, Not sure if the post is deleted by now. This is only for moderation check

Only way to really check what translations break is to post it up on your profile’s bio. Until an actual solution gets put in place, this is the only way to do it.

@tinycells you completely misunderstood what I was saying. There’s a post for Regulars only where you can submit text that the filter either incorrectly blocks or incorrectly lets through along with some bypasses. If you’re sending in incorrectly tagged translations, you must provide proof yourself, otherwise it will not be accepted. It is not deleted, members are not able to view it.

Ah, thanks for the tip with posting it on a profile bio to see what’s triggering the moderation.

The post that you guys mentioned sounds really helpful. I’m not too familiar with navigating the Dev Forum, but I do believe I am Regular. Would you provide a link to the post that you mentioned?

This is still kind of frustrating though, I have bits of the description going over the input controls that’s getting flagged, i.e. the translations for “Knife - [V]” and “Reload - [R]”.

2 Likes

Sure! Here it is: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/chattext-filter-review-requests/25717/2211

I feel you on that one. It’s getting increasingly frustrating to work on localization when basic words like “Work”, “Pizza”, “Be”, “I” etc. in my native language get tagged for no reason.

1 Like

Thanks for the report. We filed a report to our internal database and we’ll take a look into this. Also we’ll come back to you with updates. Thanks again!

2 Likes

Just circling back here, this should no longer be an issue, are you still having the problem?

I had this issue for a very long time. I noticed its fixed now

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.