Locally Customize Character

1.What do you want to achieve?
I’m trying to make the player customize their characters locally in the same server

2.What is the issue?
the customization is parts and objects and inside them is click detectors and scripts witch cant be used locally

1. What solutions have you tried so far?
    putting everything in replicated storage and change the scripts to local then cloning all of them to the workspace, the parts was local (each player saw there own parts) but the scripts inside didn’t work at all, it was acting like there was no scripts at all

it seems that if you clone a local script or a script with a local script (i did clone them from replicated storage) the script don’t work.
i’m trying to make it that each player can choose and customize there own character but i want each one to see his own character with out seeing others.

i’m not trying to ask for a script i’m just asking for an idea of how to make it.

How would the other players see the others characters? Are you putting them next to each other during character customization or are you applying something different?

If you could be a little more specific about you issue I may be able to help you. It would also be helpful if we could view your code.

So let me get this right, you want only the player to be able to see the changes made to their character?

If so, it sounds like you’re doing everything right - I’m not quite sure why it’s not working. The only thing I can think of is possibly getting rid of the second local script and just having it all in one.

Try making a GUI with different image buttons. Before doing this you might want to clone the players character to prevent the current character from getting killed or being unjointed.

When, for say, the shirt button is clicked, fire a remote event to the server to apply changes to the clone character. When the submit button is pressed, replace the current character with the customized one.

You might want to use a viewport frame to show the cloned character.

that’s the problem its not a GUI if it were that would be easy, its a part/model that has click detector inside it, the big problem is that when i clone the part with a local script inside the part (in this case click detector) the script don’t work because maybe its locally cloned.

Try using a remote event to clone your instance. Again, if I could have a code sample it would help me understand where things are going wrong.

Oh I understand now. I think you should just use remote events for the click detector to solve your problem. Just have the parts you want to clone be in replicated storage and use a remote event to clone the accessories you want, onto the player.

One more thing, usually people will have a click detector triggered event on the sever side instead of the client. It would work the same way and it would get rid of the need for remote events.

Also make sure to mark a solution.