Locked groups are not listed on a players' group page, making it difficult to identify (and remove) them

I’m unsure if this is a regression in behaviour or not hence why I filed it as a bug-report

Reproduction Steps:

1. Join a group
  2. Have the group get locked (in my case, it was this group)
  3. Attempt to search for the group under your group list on the groups page; it won’t be there, leaving you with no way to easily find and leave the group

This wouldn’t normally be an issue except for the fact that the group still counts towards the 100 group limit and can’t be discovered from the publicly documented web APIs (at least from my trials)

System Info:
CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
Memory: 16GB

Device Info:
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/119.0.0.0 Safari/537.36
Platform Type: PC
Device Type: Computer

Workaround:
Use the GroupService:GetGroupsAsync API, for some reason this API can list a users’ locked groups even though the website refuses to do so. You can then throw the group ID into the website and hit “Leave Group”.

Expected behavior

I expect the group to not be shown as group on my profile however for it to still be shown on my personal group page so I can easily leave the group.

3 Likes

It would’ve been better if roblox removed everyone out of a locked group

1 Like

I can only assume there have been cases in where locked groups have been mistakenly locked, only to be later unlocked; clearing all your members in this scenario would not be ideal.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report! I filed a ticket in our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

2 Likes

Hello @Abcreator ! We’ve made a change to display locked groups in your groups list so that you may have the option to leave them. Please confirm that you see them now. Thank you!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.