LockFirstPerson Not Starting in First Person

When I change the camera mode to “LockFirstPerson” in StarterPlayer

and both playtest and open the actual game, they both start with the camera locked behind the player head until you zoom in and it locks the camera in first person. Like this:

At first I thought it was place specific or that a script was messing with it so I went into a place with nothing and it still does it.

Any way I could fix this?

1 Like

Are you asking for help? You should move/post this to #development-support:scripting-support

Anyway, how are you setting the camera mode of the player? Show us some scripts!

I’m not using a script to lock the camera in first person mode
(that’s why I thought to put it here)

1 Like

Just hopped into studio and yeah, I can repro it.

Add repro steps in the OP so that the staff can see it. It’s confusing because the Player object also has a CameraMode property.

Done.

I could use a script though I really haven’t any idea on how to do that.

I have not found the same issue. Just tried it in studio using the same steps you did:

Tried zooming out afterwards and was not an option, and have no scripts controlling the camera whatsoever. Tried it again as saw the CameraMaxZoomDistance was set to one so made it a bigger value, and just to confirm its still works fine for me.

Yea, I’ve played around with the max and min zoom distances but having it at 400 or 0.5 still has the same result

This is a known issue. Should be fixed in the next few releases.

3 Likes