Locking camera to part's bottom face [SOLVED]

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? I want to make the players camera.CFrame lock to a parts “Bottom” side

2. What is the issue? When locking the camera.CFrame to the parts CFrame it is locked to the “Front” face

3. What solutions have you tried so far? I have tried rotating the Camera by subtracting and adding CFrames. I’ve also searched for solutions on the devforum but found nothing

This is the current LocalScript:

local cam = game.Workspace.CurrentCamera
local defaultcam = cam.CameraType
cam.CameraType = Enum.CameraType.Scriptable
task.spawn(function() --since i need the script to continue while this plays
	repeat
		cam.CFrame = CameraPart.CFrame * CFrame.new(Vector3.new(0,0,0), Vector3.new(0,-90,0)):Inverse() --Since "cam.CFrame = CameraPart.CFrame" I have tried adding/subtracting CFrames to the original CFrame
		task.wait()
	until false --This will be a variable check later on
end)

Instead of using task.spawn() you could use RunService.RenderStepped on client.
Then, get the CFrame of the part and from CFrame * CFrame (0, -5, 0), then you could change the point where camera is looking to target the part

what do you mean by “Change the point where camera is looking to target the part”?

Like camera.CFrame = CFrame.lookAt(cameraPosition, partCFrame.Position)

Many details depends on your goal, do you need a scriptable camera that follow the player and keep target on the bottom of the part? or static? like camera subject?
Perhaps you could give more details on your goal

I have an animation which moves a part so i set the camera cframe to that parts cframe. I mean i could just redo the animation and rotate it so that the “front” face is facing the way that i want the camera to face instead of the “Bottom” face but i was looking for if there was another way to fix it

I kinda understand, but, as I said before, why subtracting the CFrame on Y its not working for you? that would always aim the bottom of the part, you could try to base it on its size too

local cam = game.Workspace.CurrentCamera
local defaultcam = cam.CameraType
cam.CameraType = Enum.CameraType.Scriptable

game:GetService("RunService").RenderStepped:Connect(function()
	local targetBottom = CameraPart.CFrame * CFrame.new(0, -(CameraPart.Size.Y/2), 0)
	cam.CFrame = CFrame.lookAt(cam.Position, targetBottom.Position) -- this is positioning the camera at its current position each iteration and targeting the bottom of the part, change it as you need
end)

CFrame.lookAt(camera.CFrame.Position, -camera.CFrame.UpVector * offset, Vector3.new(0, 1, 0))
This should do the trick. Just set the offset to whatever you want (or 1 if you don’t want offset)

Turns out the problem was caused by me using a different motor6d than the one used in the animation. thanks for the help.