Log House Showcase

Log House Showcase

This is a showcase which I was working on last night while live streaming on Twitch I would like some feedback and suggestions on what I should add to the surroundings. I was hoping to make a little town or something similar but you can suggest your ideas and opinions. This showcase is not complete and has some more work to be done on it but I think it looks quite nice so far.

Axe
The axe was made in Blender and contains 2 parts.

Windows
Smoothened windows

Normal and triangular windows.

There are also doors you can walk through if you would like to look inside. They move (scripted, thanks to Kinqandi).

Digging deeper
Down stairs

Up stairs

Woodgrain
All woodgrain will be perfect or at least as much as I can possibly achieve. Although it’s not the biggest deal to have good woodgrain I would like to remain with a decent woodgrain.

Kind Regards,
-HeadlessHorror

15 Likes

Pretty cool creation. Do you plan on adding interactive elements to the build?

Also, you should try move this to Cool creations as it fits better there.

3 Likes

That would be a nice feature. I’m thinking about having some small market area you can interact and look around in. It’s all a concept so I’m not sure what will be added and won’t be added yet.

Looks nice, is the exterior based off a real structure?

1 Like

Not really, no.

1 Like

It’s a nice architectural design. It’s the kind of house I’d like to live in.

1 Like

that’s dope!

1 Like

A new edition to the build is an arch outside the house that you can walk through with vines dangling above your head.

2 Likes

Looks great. There’s one small thing though that you might want to change:

https://devforum.roblox.com/uploads/default/original/3X/6/b/6b3063f90f16a8e23994d54ebb763840ea404972.jpg

In that picture above you can see that the logs on the left and the right share the same layer heights. This is really unusual as most log cabins/houses tend to keep the logs on seperate heights to make stacking in the corners easier and stronger. Take a look a this random image from Google for example:

You can see that right where the logs intersect in the corner, the logs all have a different height. I think such a construction is not only easier to make but also stronger, which is why almost all log cabins/houses have it. The way you built it should still be reasonable and strong enough, but I think it’s worth mentioning.

2 Likes

Although it would be a nice feature in future builds I’d rather keep it as it is for now. I’m enjoying how it looks with the flat edges. Thanks for the suggestion.

He’s not saying stagger the lengths of the protruding logs. You can keep the ends aligned as you have them.

It’s physically not possible for logs to stack in the configuration you have. The logs extend through each other. Think about how Lincoln logs work.

Nice build though! Modern curves over a rustic building technique is an interesting result, and you work it pretty well.

1 Like

What are ‘shingles’ and what do you mean by gables? Did you mean cables?

Shingles: Tile thingies on a house’s roof:

Gables:

1 Like

I meant gables.

“Shingles” was a suggestion to use shingles on the roof instead of plywood.

I remember when I scripted that door!!! :joy:

Very nice! Love the way this looks.

hey, please don’t necrobump threads for no reason, thanks

3 Likes