Log spam for 'CharacterSoundEvent' error

I’ve been getting this bug on my game for months now, I think it’s to do with spawning players frequently but I’m pretty sure it causes massive lag. I can’t provide any more information apart from the fact that it is always happening in laggy servers and aside from that it’s seemingly random.

8 Likes

I got the exact same thing on the server.

same here

This is still an issue for me and it’s extremely annoying, though it only happens when I delete the Sound script in the player’s character.

EDIT:I’m getting a different error, but it seems to be relevant to this post

15:10:02.829 - CharacterSoundEvent is not a valid member of Sound
15:10:02.829 - Stack Begin
15:10:02.830 - Script 'Workspace.Player2.Sound.LocalSound', Line 158 - field Resume
15:10:02.830 - Script 'Workspace.Player2.Sound.LocalSound', Line 232 - field ?
15:10:02.831 - Script 'Workspace.Player2.Sound.LocalSound', Line 331 - global stateUpdated
15:10:02.831 - Script 'Workspace.Player2.Sound.LocalSound', Line 340
15:10:02.832 - Stack End

Screenshot of the log spam (My console is filled with those errors)

2 Likes

I’m getting the same error as you still with no luck fixing it.

Same thing, it’s actually causing some players to crash now. This needs to get patched ASAP.

2 Likes

This is still happening!

It completely fried the server I was in, everything was slow and character appearances started failing to load.

2 Likes

It is also still happening for me. I have made a temporarily fix for this.
SoundScript2.rbxm (7.1 KB)
Place the script in StarterCharacter.

out of curiosity, how useful is this error message? It doesn’t seem to be logged unless the event is commonly called, at which point it becomes spammed.

1 Like

It’s useful, but i need a way to prevent this from showing just like pcall does.
I have noticed this error fills up the log and causes the game for players to slow down over time.