Logitech BRIO 4K webcam causes complete freeze of client for up to 5 seconds

I recently upgraded my webcam to the new Logitech BRIO 4K webcam, and whenever I try to enable it in-game, an experience will freeze for up to 5 seconds every single time.

I have tried uninstalling it and deleting all drivers, reinstalling and updating drivers, receiving drivers from Windows Update, and changing the quality of the webcam from 720p all the way to 4K, yet everything I do to try and fix the error still results in a complete freeze of the client. This is especially infuriating when trying to immerse yourself in social hangouts, and trying to take advantage of the new face tracking features.

Attached below is a video of what happens every time I try to turn on my webcam in game:

Expected behavior

I expect the Roblox client to not freeze when I turn on my webcam, and instead run in the background while the webcam turns on, like other clients such as Logitech’s LogiTune.

A private message is associated with this bug report

2 Likes

Hi. Thanks for the bug report. We are going to buy the camera and debug this.

6 Likes

Seems like as of a recent Roblox update that this issue was fixed! No longer encountering any lag when turning on my camera (however I still encounter about a second of a freeze when i turn off my camera).

1 Like